Re: Pulling the Engine

To: thutt@inprise.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pulling the Engine
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:26:08 EST
In a message dated 2/12/99 10:54:18 AM Mountain Standard Time,
thutt@inprise.com writes:

<< Chris Brucciani wrote:

 > Thanks Taylor for the detailed post about pulling the Engine.  I must do
 > the same thing as I think that I have a leaky rear seal as well as a bad
 > 2nd gear sychro in my tranny.  I read somewhere that removing the oil pan
 > prior to pulling the engine makes it a little easier.  Any truth to this?

 Removing the oil pan might make things easier; I hadn't even
 considered that.
 I'm not sure how much trouble it would be to get the oil pan on or off
 with the engine in, however.

I don't think it's necessary.  I've never done it on my 1600.  There's usually
a bunch of debris around and I don't like the idea of having the lower end of
the engine exposed to it.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque