Re: Pulling the Engine

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pulling the Engine
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:42:15 -0800
At 09:48 AM 2/12/99 -0800, Taylor Hutt wrote:
>Chris Brucciani wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Taylor for the detailed post about pulling the Engine.  I must do
>> the same thing as I think that I have a leaky rear seal as well as a bad
>> 2nd gear sychro in my tranny.  I read somewhere that removing the oil pan
>> prior to pulling the engine makes it a little easier.  Any truth to this?
>
>Removing the oil pan might make things easier; I hadn't even
>considered that.
>I'm not sure how much trouble it would be to get the oil pan on or off
>with the engine in, however.

Pulling the pan isn't that much trouble, but I wouldn't bother. The pan
will protect the innards. When you pull the radiator, take the top support
out, too, This will give you another several inches of vertical space you
won't have to lift the engine over. Take the whole thing straight out the
front and you won't have to worry about the windshield. Putting the rear of
the car up on jackstands will help, too.
Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org