Re: Fwd: Pulling the Engine

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <glasgow@serv.net>,
Subject: Re: Fwd: Pulling the Engine
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:05:57 -0600
>Or take it one small step farther and build a "box" out of 2x8's on top of
>the plywood, sized so that the whole oil pan will drop down into the box
>and, again, the engine sits on the pan rails. That way you can keep the oil
>pan in place to keep crud out of the engine. Inside dimension of the box is
>9" by 18".
>Gordon Glasgow
>Renton, WA
>http://www.gordon-glasgow.org

Good idea, Gordon. What about using pieces of 3/4 plywood cut to the same
sizes? That way you could probably leave the flywheel attached. Of course
there might be enough on the rear pan rail between the pan and the cover
plate for a 2 x 8 to fit anyway. I'll look on the L-series that I'm
messing with.

Probably a good idea to reinforce the corners of the "box" with "L"
brackets to limit any tendency of the box to collapse outward from the
weight. Just use the 4 or 5 inch size and screw them on the outside of
the corners using 1 1/4 inch decking screws.

Later, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)