Re: rust proof paint???

To: "ken ogi" <ken@norstargroup.com>,
Subject: Re: rust proof paint???
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:37:03 -0500
ken ogi wrote

>hello list
>i took my roadster apart and found more than my share of rust and some
>rots.
>i used rust mort and then coated it with epoxy primer + sealer... i
>thought this will virtually stop the rust from spreading. well
>"virtually" is the right word because i still have areas where the rust
>has bled through. now i'm looking at a paint called POR-15.
>has anyone ever used this stuff? does it work?
>any input would be grateful :)
>
>thanks
>ken 67.5 1600 rust-bucket

I'm looking ito these products too. An alternative to POR-15 is
Eastwood's Corolless.  I haven't used either, the main difference seems
to be that Coroless is more UV stable.  It's a red pimer color, so you'd
be topcoating either one probably.  There's info on Corroless on the
Eastwood website:

www.eastwoodco.com