Re: Mazda MX5 (Miata, I think)

To: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mazda MX5 (Miata, I think)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:42:10 -0400
The new 2001 Miata has 155 HP SAE. I doubt that most Roadsters, including
Solex models, would be able to keep up with it although off the line the
Roadster might be able to take it because of torque and cubic inches but the
six speed tranny does have a lower 1st gear so it may be close. With 116HP
my car tops out at about 115, with 155HP it's probably closer to 130 or so.

In the handling department there is no comparision. the Miata is much
stiffer and well balanced than any Roadster I have ever driven and has
better steering. My Konied, sway barred, Miata will blow most Roadsters away
in the corners, except for Calspeed.

I'm not talking about race cars here but street cars.

30+ years of technology has made the Miata a great car. Mine is a 91 and the
2001 Miatas are supposed to be much stiffer and better handling. While I
love my Roadster, I also love my Miata.

IMHO,

Mike