Re: Mazda MX5 (Miata, I think)

To: sgam@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mazda MX5 (Miata, I think)
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:36:45 EDT
I am not sure what model it was, or if it was stock,
but I quite easily walked away from  a Miata.  I have a
67 pushrod 2L, 5spd bored .040 over, with free flowing
exhaust and 240Z carbs, ported head, and big valves
so mabe it wasnt too fair.  I downshifted to
4th at about 60 or so MPH (dont know for sure
speedo dosnt work)  and shifted back to 5th
at 5K, no need to press on to 6K as he was
pretty far back and discouraged.  So maybe he
could take me on the corners, dont know that yet.......
I would guess in an exteme situation I could have used
a bit of third and then all of fourth, so there was quite a bit left
for other faster cars....
Having fun in Chesapeake Va
Jim