RE: Race car or street car?

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Race car or street car?
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:09:22 -0800
We never had any trouble with axles or gears in the race car, but that was
"only" 180-200 hp. And Dennis (Peters) was a pretty smooth driver. If you beat
on it enough, it will break - trust me!

The 200SX axles are bigger, same as the trucks. 30mm diameter x 29 teeth, vs.
24mm x 23 teeth.

As to clutches, I've never had any problems with the stock unit even with fairly
modified engines, but I'd use an aftermarket one in a race car.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA