Re: Studs on intake manifold Q

To: twalter@austin.rr.com, Geegc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Studs on intake manifold Q
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:18:33 -0500
Thomas,

I am surprised you missed this one.  The very early cars had insulators that
were rubber and metal (like a motor mount or solex insulators.)  They bolted
to the intake in the opposite holes from where the carb holes are.  That is
why they use short studs.  From what I understand, they are tough to obtain,
so the PO most likely replaced them with the phenolic spacers and just never
removed the original studs.

Sid