RE: Nuts and Bolts

To: "'Conley Phillips'" <lonestar@cmc.net>
Subject: RE: Nuts and Bolts
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:40:04 -0800
Well, everything...sorta.

Hate to say it, but you'll be finding metric bolts and screws in the oddest
places, usually dark, cramped, uncomfortable places that are at the other
side of the garage from your metric tools. Don't ask me how I know this.

I've also worked on a couple other 67s recently and I don't think there was
any clear cutoff for the SAE to metic conversion on these things. If there
was, then mechanics past needing to re-tap a bolthole would automatically
use metric dies cause, hey Vern, it's one o'them furrin cars :)

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600