Re: Nuts and bolts

To: "Randy Hougham" <hougham@indianvalley.com>,
Subject: Re: Nuts and bolts
From: "TIMOTHY WALTZ" <printner@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:12:33 -0700
> We just started work on my son's 69 2000. This may sound like a dumb
question.
> What kind of nuts and bolts did they use?

My experience is that 99% of everything on the body and frame are SAE.  The
firewall studs on mine are all 5/16"-24 (fine) thread.

>From what I understand, everything is SAE on the early cars (up to 67.5),
then all the body/frame/suspension is still SAE and the engine and tranny
are all metric from 67.5 and later.

http://www.datsunroadster.com/INFO_PAGES/what_year.htm#ENGINENUMBERS

If you wander around the Rallye website, you'll see that for the most part,
suspension and brake pieces fit all cars (because they stay SAE).

Hope this helps.

Tim