Re: air filt er

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: air filt er
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:24:00 -0800
If you just replace the filter element with a K&N the air flow should
be the same. Someone posted a trick to use a round filter and make it
fit the stock housing (can't remember where I saw that).

I had a set of very small round K&N housings on my 1500. The seemed to
work fine, but I have no idea what they originally fit. Midget, B or
TR, maybe?

I just watched the Z Therapy carb rebuild video, and he mentions that
SU's flow better with airhorns (and not to use brit airhorns, as the
diameter is not right, creating a venturi before the venturi).

Anyone have a K&N setup with room for airhorns?

Leigh Brooks
NWDE
Seattle