Re: [Roadsters] I'm quitting the EI distributors for good

To: ljordan704@netscape.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] I'm quitting the EI distributors for good
From: Gary Boone <gboone70@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 19:43:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Linda,
Thanks for your positive comments to the list.  I only
have one roadster
buddy in town but actually my roadster doesn't need
any wrenching to get
it going.  It needs my self to program the ECU for the
fuel injection,
which is very time consuming and involved for me since
I've never done
it before.

Also I appreciate your major efforts with the ball
joint project.  I'm
sure I have no idea just how time consuming that must
have been for you
and to tolerate all the abuse from some folks.  The
ones you sent me
look great but I actually bought them for installation
after mine wear
out.  I installed new Nissan joints when I restored my
roadster several
years ago and they don't have many miles on them.  I
appreciate what you
did.

Thanks,
Gary

ljordan704@netscape.net wrote:

>Hi Garry,
>
>Let me add my thanks for my EI dist. I bought, and
installed myself, with your excellent instructions and
just a couple of questions.

>I hope that you "unretire" at some point and make
these available again. Perahps after your car is done.
Speaking of which,

> too bad you can't put out a call for some Roadster
buddies to come by
> a do a blitz overhaul of your car conversion so that
you can get it on
> the road. Even if they are just handing you wrenches
it would speed up
> the process.
> And I am sure you have been email about this, is
there someone who can
> take over? Can you train or hire someone on an as
needed basis, and
> supervise? Are you getting the drift that we don't
want you to go?:-)