fot
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Fot] TR6 Oil Pressure During Race Conditions

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>, "bob.lang.40" <bob.lang.40@pm.me>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Oil Pressure During Race Conditions
From: Mark Cook <mecook635@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2026 22:44:28 -0400
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; arc=none d=gmail.com; s=20251104; t=1790736280; x=1791341080; darn=autox.team.net; h=content-type:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to :references:mime-version:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to :content-type; bh=Oj/r6/i7Fuji4CC0iIAzkq/FfHGiSZc32/mDv18NN8Q=; b=YHFe5zFVGuuU+JnEUrXZ3CQDwsskJqx+FMuAGK0YeDsVoAS/fCE5dNvJVIukznAPHp VmVlbgRNH4NjLIHYb1z+w/cLwi/oJxmjmX2D5EXIWtXDRVnHVlXEQ/s6+VGkkjYAi025 osjwkFNi0OTECjrf5DVGCAKvXC8bS/lbpaybTVL8ThdHAoQsrGN77Ooz1brCBJFeHh7B zSGqLvW7fNzJ12q02Bm550UG4EL2aPyh0qNfblS3saeEl4wDztwIUq5en3KY3NGpqwld Q+Gog5zq9xqPRVz0uMrpSTOF4JjeXuwMP3mn7xWgwmUtzUC2yNt+THKHJTjAPf+j87SB QnmA== d=1e100.net; s=20260707; t=1790736280; x=1791341080; h=content-type:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to :references:mime-version:x-gm-gg:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc :subject:date:message-id:reply-to:content-type; bh=Oj/r6/i7Fuji4CC0iIAzkq/FfHGiSZc32/mDv18NN8Q=; b=iIlvnCf6ZD2pG9//3lLZ0O2fOMJrZ94TcZBcWn15XS7kxUUaoTfDinU0Z9ZU+/a1x3 JKN+Y06zz0LUKBlay+GA1PIRdeNMId63nGI+rjPAJqT9qlVHMiqlAgA9jeSTtPUuF6g6 8QrvCdPNpN2kki1THconm5/ZGQBOYlCEnZ7RmbXLuq3M8N398OODaPM6nLL3H/UsWFrq QNUfiNaMIKDB1O5kCFi9k2keAVgye57umcVqiZubak5zj0MT1yjlif8sFeddUkpnJ+Mf v8qv2fm1G9CdRE0vmHilLna7kNCUdVcZhdqq3god7YjoKuyvqYd+GdLiE+y3lW/vzB9W zhJw== AKwUvBzN5Kr24gPV849ZQSiJ/FriVlmc8ewMgSkRnLadqso/+5xXssm9X2gcmS4hm6HemdTvljo=@autox.team.net k6q4tt8Pq5E4ERD2JDaKH5X8NbDjhmdYJ7DEmQW1P0Zjou92zGOsFc3cxNi0pbfqcUf2JUn3ace a7A8vfvzk7wVmxnSvTxcgtKtwLrhghGo= IgfiZNwtqKan8sVSphrA6OE9to3jwnmReaq1WiE8jmCDA+LgvqCO0mF2zE4O1YGgt/5peTZXSgy 7dUYPXudCFPBPsLsQqmGfXeQLBBoZUxUIsY3cir0sdyz8g/PQNnrnz7LF8OyZuoRoCCjtsGI30y 6ZA4yobWiqpPoLgivhV5K2NaLDunf8iLmPwsGCgLFRp6nTv1wIwTDJFNzgqWixuOSAgZcPc2kGz gNmQx4SbUD6wBhYuR7jqus4FqdMes8UKksvjbiAgs87M4/e9AVxL7pq0WtVW+/CNBw== d2e1a72fcca58-886c0a1dc55mr819361b3a.8.1790736280165; Tue, 29 Sep 2026 19:44:40 -0700 (PDT)
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; h=cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to:references bh=Oj/r6/i7Fuji4CC0iIAzkq/FfHGiSZc32/mDv18NN8Q=; fh=ro3MnqJfdE7IZci+2KKCF95rJOm4/8KPDh45E5Zyk8s=; b=Nj2LTMVGkLQKUOznyeqLdnhpoIB4GLMrde0pgIsyUsZ+6YwrcawKXt0XvmG+KMylMq GG0zHOg34qzcas18mhVCo7ukEs9JFwwOoLIcemHz/xkbak35pknpgcfFeEhVm6J2fzHc kO1J7Zi95gR02C9ilakM+I+gP8h4MM8JjLlY0oO93w+Jt5206ZPSCkDqnTXzjWd1cs9W IZ3E9UM+NHieisQ6iOAhBm+rkGONweLupiuPkaR1wTNHM60I+1s0qwTQYhGZn9qwCbXy o06/HvbwLDaahngpnFyX/czFR80qTiSYBmxRJeqlkaghwUW0u31QB09L/Sgc/OVRzG+a ep2g==; darn=autox.team.net
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1790736280; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; b=UwFolaAJUGy7j+zHYf0k0SWhxYhVCTII9FHbEgbn3YkRolT69lKhcljMEb2cYGhLCJ L26i4hTQH+b4rBNx5Zy3mbvp99nuZOAKrLDt3inm2ZGwH9fHP9qNEZ3iuql2gOrjo3te 3pT4FcusjLP1fCVCZZkATjrJ5hpbt5+sW31Y0qL90npLb2wz0qihtGDxYKjc3njpgQVF JQHX9/58RNcEcXec+ZN5rM+DjhM/ExNXeHgCLVzy+EH0nqpKG6B1qWfb80GQCMamqojR MYwibJnckYyP6ZL0YeMtSje1KalJp4FzDBWFfe1LAz+Loootw8tuPSGn2XC5ho4eMSuf KNbg==
Authentication-results: autox.team.net;
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Delivered-to: mharc@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: fot@autox.team.net
References: <CAPR120-kYSCgSfYejGS13i+n9QGjYWi7uisSmREHe66jchawnQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAEN1C=T_f-niBwa_gjnT=1jQGZ_HpwQvc4ySRJ4HBHf+TY2pCg@mail.gmail.com> <CEAFA4BF-3638-4115-9034-46CC3BBCDE6B@me.com> <CAPR120-OkN-3HFCksiWooUaqZvVOdNZxGTPido5_LuND4_D3+Q@mail.gmail.com>
--===============6074667668852212760==

--000000000000dda3d8065caa47d5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Oh, by the way, my accusump is plumbed to flow in between the oil cooler
and the external oil manifold.  The backflow/check valve is between the
accusump line and the oil cooler.

Thanks again!

Mark Cook

On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 10:26=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook <mecook635@gmail.com> wr=
ote:

> Scott, Jason, Bob and Mike,
>
> Thanks for the quick responses. Scott - I have both the newer
> Racetorations baffle and oil pickup in the second link.   I also have an
> oil low pressure light in front of me set at 30psi, which is what alerted
> me  hen on the track.   So, in summary, three things to check:
>
> 1. Oil level - try "over filling" by 1/2" over fill line or 1 full quart
> 2. Accusump automatic valve - check settings or replace with manual valve
> (automatic valve may not be opening soon enough)
> 3. Replace the oil pan baffle with a different make if the above does not
> work.
>
> Much appreciated!  Will keep you posted.  Hope to see you all at VIR in
> March for the Wild Hare.  If the planets align, I will be there too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Cook
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 4:36=E2=80=AFPM Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com> wro=
te:
>
>> Hi, Mark, another not-quite-the-same story, but I also run a GT6 with a
>> stock - now baffled oil pan and an accusump.  My accusump is plumbed rig=
ht
>> into the block - directly above the stock oil filter opening there=E2=80=
=99s a hole
>> in the block that is filled in with some soft metal from the factory.  T=
hat
>> was drilled out, tapped and has an AN -12 (?) hose that connects to the
>> accusump on the passenger compartment floor.  Like Jason, I just have a
>> manual lever/ball valve right on the tank- open that up before I fire th=
e
>> engine, close it before I shut it off. I can reach it easily when I=E2=
=80=99m
>> sitting in the car.  I also have a big red autometer pro-lite on top of =
the
>> dash, aimed at me, which goes on any time the pressure drops below 30 or=
 40
>> lb (been so long since I installed it I don=E2=80=99t remember what the =
pressure
>> switch is at). It serves two purposes - when I turn on the ignition swit=
ch,
>> it lights up until I open the accusump and the pressure builds.  Second,=
 I
>> don=E2=80=99t need to be watching my gauge while racing - if that light =
goes on, I
>> immediately know something is wrong, big time, and can shut off the engi=
ne
>> hopefully before I ruin it and/or oil the track.
>>
>> I run a stock pump, the baffles divide the pan into quarters and have a
>> few holes punched in them to let the oil move around but not too much.
>> Loose fit at the bottom of the pan. Again, like Jason, I also run the oi=
l
>> level about 3/8 -to- 1/2=E2=80=9D above the top fill mark as I find the =
oil
>> pressure does drop slightly if it=E2=80=99s below the top fill mark.
>> My full chat oil pressure at the Glen this weekend was about 70-75 lb
>> (this engine has about six events on it) - 60 lb cold at idle, maybe 50l=
b
>> hot at idle.  I do not notice any fluctuations on turns.
>> I think my full fill is about 7.5 quarts starting with a drained
>> accusump, but not sure.  BTW- I always use an oil pressure primer tank w=
hen
>> I change the oil, start the engine, open the accusump to pressurize it
>> (partially - don=E2=80=99t want the oil pressure to drop as it fills up)=
, then
>> adjust the fill level at the dipstick.  That way, any time I start the
>> engine after that I can pre-oil it with the accusump.
>>
>> I wonder if your baffle is the issue?  If this is it, I don=E2=80=99t th=
ink it is
>> doing much good.
>> https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/aluminium-sump-baffle-plate-tr5-=
6/
>> On the other hand, I don=E2=80=99t see any issues with this one.  Not su=
re what
>> the saucer pick-up really does for the engine, though. Might even keep o=
il
>> from getting to the intake if it is too close to the bottom of the pan.
>> https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/track-day-competition-oil-pump-c=
omplete-kit-tr5-6/
>> not sure which one you have.
>> Good luck, let us know what you find out.  An accusump is cheap
>> insurance!
>>
>> Scott Janzen
>>
>> On Sep 29, 2026, at 3:41=E2=80=AFPM, JS Performance Motoring, LLC <
>> jason@jsperformancemotoring.com> wrote:
>>
>> Mark,
>>          My GT6 runs a baffled stock pan with a stock pickup, so it's
>> apples to oranges, but I find that running the oil level about 1/2" abov=
e
>> the "full" line on the stock dipstick helps reduce how often the oil
>> pressure fluctuates in left-hand turns. There is ample room before the
>> crank throws hit the oil, that extra oil has never been a problem for me=
.
>> I suspect the longer throws of the 2.5L crankshaft also have plenty of r=
oom.
>>
>> When watching my in car videos, I see the oil pressure gauge needle stil=
l
>> flickers occasionally during a left turn after a hard braking zone, but
>> with the Accusump backfeeding, it never indicates pressure nearly as low=
 as
>> what you are reporting.  I'm still seeing 50 psi during a momentary drop=
.
>> 70 to 80 psi at peak revs (8,000 rpm) with hot oil.
>>
>> How is your Accusump plumbed into the engine?  I have seen Accusumps wit=
h
>> an electronic valve that doesn't open until some preset pressure drop,
>> those seem less helpful in this sort of situation. I prefer the manual
>> valve that's wide open whenever the engine is running.
>>
>>
>>
>> Jason Sukey
>> JS Performance Motoring, LLC
>> 440.984.7720 <(440)%20984-7720>
>> jason@jsperformancemotoring.com
>> www.jspmparts.com
>> https://www.facebook.com/JSPerformanceMotoring/
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 3:20=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook <mecook635@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Back in January, installed a newly built back up engine in the TR6
>>> (while Jason Sukey was re-building my original engine).  Finally, ran s=
ome
>>> break-in laps back in May at lower RPMs (one session at <5,000, then a
>>> second session at about ~6,000rpm).  Engine ran well, but did not reall=
y
>>> push it hard.
>>>
>>> Last week at VIR, pushed the car a little harder (both in rain and dry
>>> track).  Moving through T3 and T4 (left hand turns), I experienced very=
 low
>>> oil pressures:
>>> T3 -  30.1psi / 3954rpm / 60.1mph and
>>> T4 -  24.8psi / 3643rpm / 46.6mph.
>>>
>>> At similar rpms,
>>> T12 (RH), 52.4psi / 3525rpm / 45.9mph.
>>>
>>> I have a Racetorations oil sump (take 1.6qts more than stock), race
>>> baffle and race oil pickup (with the saucer).  Did not push the TR6 ver=
y
>>> hard, not over 7,000rpm.
>>>
>>> Clearly the oil must be sloshing to the right side of the pan during th=
e
>>> slow left hand turns.  The Racetorations pickup is the saucer kind whic=
h is
>>> centered in the sump.
>>>
>>> Showing good pressure at around 70+psi at near 6,800rpms in straights
>>> and 2qt accusump when idling, 80psi.
>>>
>>> We are going to drain, measure and refill. Thoughts, other than simply
>>> not enough oil in the system?
>>>
>>> The math:
>>> Stock TR6 system -     5.4qts
>>> Racestorations Sump +1.6qts
>>> Oil lines                       +0.5qts (external oil feed)
>>> Oil cooler                     +0.5qts
>>> Accusump                    +2.0quts
>>> Total       10.0qts
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark Cook
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> fot@autox.team.net
>>>
>>> http://www.fot-racing.com
>>>
>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fo=
t
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage <http://www.team.net/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage=
>:
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@jsperformancemotoring.c=
om
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>> fot@autox.team.net
>>
>> http://www.fot-racing.com
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com
>>
>>
>>
>>

--000000000000dda3d8065caa47d5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Oh, by the way, my accusump is plumbed to flow in bet=
ween=C2=A0the oil cooler and the external oil manifold.=C2=A0 The backflow/=
check valve is between the accusump line and the oil cooler.</div><div><br>=
</div><div>Thanks again!</div><div><br></div><div>Mark Cook</div></div><br>=
<div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"=
gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 10:26=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:mecook635@gmail.com";>mecook635@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div=
><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border=
-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Sc=
ott, Jason, Bob and Mike,</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks for the quick res=
ponses. Scott - I have both the newer Racetorations baffle and oil pickup i=
n the second link.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I also have an oil low pressure light in fro=
nt of me set at 30psi, which is what alerted me=C2=A0 hen on the track.=C2=
=A0 =C2=A0So, in summary, three things to check:</div><div><br></div><div>1=
.=C2=A0Oil level - try &quot;over filling&quot; by 1/2&quot; over fill line=
 or 1 full quart</div><div>2. Accusump automatic valve - check settings or =
replace with manual valve (automatic valve may not be opening soon enough)<=
div>3.=C2=A0Replace the oil pan baffle with a different make if the above d=
oes not work.</div></div><div><br></div><div>Much appreciated!=C2=A0 Will k=
eep you posted.=C2=A0 Hope to see you all at VIR in March for the Wild Hare=
.=C2=A0 If the planets align, I will be there too.</div><div><br></div><div=
>Regards,</div><div><br></div><div>Mark Cook</div></div><br><div class=3D"g=
mail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 4=
:36=E2=80=AFPM Scott Janzen &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sjanzen@me.com"; target=3D=
"_blank">sjanzen@me.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_=
quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,=
204);padding-left:1ex"><div>Hi, Mark, another not-quite-the-same story, but=
 I also run a GT6 with a stock - now baffled oil pan and an accusump.=C2=A0=
 My accusump is plumbed right into the block - directly above the stock oil=
 filter opening there=E2=80=99s a hole in the block that is filled in with =
some soft metal from the factory.=C2=A0 That was drilled out, tapped and ha=
s an AN -12 (?) hose that connects to the accusump on the passenger compart=
ment floor.=C2=A0 Like Jason, I just have a manual lever/ball valve right o=
n the tank- open that up before I fire the engine, close it before I shut i=
t off. I can reach it easily when I=E2=80=99m sitting in the car.=C2=A0 I a=
lso have a big red autometer pro-lite on top of the dash, aimed at me, whic=
h goes on any time the pressure drops below 30 or 40 lb (been so long since=
 I installed it I don=E2=80=99t remember what the pressure switch is at). I=
t serves two purposes - when I turn on the ignition switch, it lights up un=
til I open the accusump and the pressure builds.=C2=A0 Second, I don=E2=80=
=99t need to be watching my gauge while racing - if that light goes on, I i=
mmediately know something is wrong, big time, and can shut off the engine h=
opefully before I ruin it and/or oil the track.<div><br></div><div>I run a =
stock pump, the baffles divide the pan into quarters and have a few holes p=
unched in them to let the oil move around but not too much.=C2=A0 Loose fit=
 at the bottom of the pan. Again, like Jason, I also run the oil level abou=
t 3/8 -to- 1/2=E2=80=9D above the top fill mark as I find the oil pressure =
does drop slightly if it=E2=80=99s below the top fill mark.<div>My full cha=
t oil pressure at the Glen this weekend was about 70-75 lb (this engine has=
 about six events on it) - 60 lb cold at idle, maybe 50lb hot at idle.=C2=
=A0 I do not notice any fluctuations on turns.</div><div>I think my full fi=
ll is about 7.5 quarts starting with a drained accusump, but not sure.=C2=
=A0 BTW- I always use an oil pressure primer tank when I change the oil, st=
art the engine, open the accusump to pressurize it (partially - don=E2=80=
=99t want the oil pressure to drop as it fills up), then adjust the fill le=
vel at the dipstick.=C2=A0 That way, any time I start the engine after that=
 I can pre-oil it with the accusump.</div><div><br></div><div>I wonder if y=
our baffle is the issue?=C2=A0 If this is it, I don=E2=80=99t think it is d=
oing much good.=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/alu=
minium-sump-baffle-plate-tr5-6/" target=3D"_blank">https://www.racetoration=
s.co.uk/product/aluminium-sump-baffle-plate-tr5-6/</a></div><div>On the oth=
er hand, I don=E2=80=99t see any issues with this one.=C2=A0 Not sure what =
the saucer pick-up really does for the engine, though. Might even keep oil =
from getting to the intake if it is too close to the bottom of the pan. =C2=
=A0<a href=3D"https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/track-day-competition=
-oil-pump-complete-kit-tr5-6/" target=3D"_blank">https://www.racetorations.=
co.uk/product/track-day-competition-oil-pump-complete-kit-tr5-6/</a></div><=
div>not sure which one you have.</div><div>Good luck, let us know what you =
find out.=C2=A0 An accusump is cheap insurance! =C2=A0</div><div><br></div>=
<div>Scott Janzen</div><div><br><div><div>On Sep 29, 2026, at 3:41=E2=80=AF=
PM, JS Performance Motoring, LLC &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jason@jsperformancem=
otoring.com" target=3D"_blank">jason@jsperformancemotoring.com</a>&gt; wrot=
e:</div><br><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Mark,</div><div>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0=
 =C2=A0 =C2=A0My GT6 runs a baffled stock pan with a stock pickup, so it&#3=
9;s apples to oranges, but I find that running the oil level about 1/2&quot=
; above the &quot;full&quot; line on the stock dipstick helps reduce how of=
ten the oil pressure fluctuates in left-hand turns. There is ample room bef=
ore the crank throws hit the oil, that extra oil has never been a problem f=
or me.=C2=A0 I suspect the longer throws of the 2.5L crankshaft also have p=
lenty of room.</div><div><br></div><div>When watching my in car videos, I s=
ee the oil pressure gauge needle still flickers occasionally during a left =
turn after a hard braking zone, but with the Accusump backfeeding, it never=
 indicates pressure nearly as low as what you are reporting.=C2=A0 I&#39;m =
still seeing 50 psi during a momentary drop.=C2=A0 70 to 80 psi at peak rev=
s (8,000 rpm) with hot oil.</div><div><br></div><div>How is your Accusump p=
lumbed into the engine?=C2=A0 I have seen Accusumps with an electronic valv=
e that doesn&#39;t open until some preset pressure drop, those seem less he=
lpful in this sort of situation. I prefer the manual valve that&#39;s wide =
open whenever the engine is running.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><di=
v><br></div><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr=
"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"=
ltr"><div>Jason Sukey</div><div><span></span><span></span>JS Performance Mo=
toring, LLC<br></div><div><a href=3D"tel:(440)%20984-7720" value=3D"+144098=
47720" target=3D"_blank">440.984.7720</a></div><div><a href=3D"mailto:jason=
@jsperformancemotoring.com" target=3D"_blank">jason@jsperformancemotoring.c=
om</a><br></div><div><a href=3D"http://www.jspmparts.com/"; target=3D"_blank=
">www.jspmparts.com</a></div><div><a href=3D"https://www.facebook.com/JSPer=
formanceMotoring/" target=3D"_blank">https://www.facebook.com/JSPerformance=
Motoring/</a><br></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></di=
v><br></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_=
attr">On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 3:20=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:mecook635@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">mecook635@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote=
:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.=
8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"lt=
r"><div>All,</div><div><br></div><div>Back in January, installed a newly bu=
ilt back up engine in the TR6 (while Jason Sukey was re-building my origina=
l engine).=C2=A0 Finally, ran some break-in laps back in May at lower RPMs =
(one session at &lt;5,000, then a second session=C2=A0at about ~6,000rpm).=
=C2=A0 Engine ran well, but did not really push it hard.</div><div><br></di=
v><div></div><div>Last week at VIR, pushed the car a little harder (both in=
 rain and dry track).=C2=A0 Moving through T3 and T4 (left hand turns), I e=
xperienced very low oil pressures:=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div>T3 -=C2=A0 30.1psi=
 / 3954rpm / 60.1mph and=C2=A0</div><div>T4 -=C2=A0 24.8psi / 3643rpm / 46.=
6mph.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>At similar rpms,=C2=A0</div><div=
>T12 (RH), 52.4psi / 3525rpm / 45.9mph.=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>I ha=
ve a Racetorations oil sump (take 1.6qts more than stock), race baffle and =
race oil pickup (with the saucer).=C2=A0 Did not push the TR6 very hard, no=
t over 7,000rpm.

</div><div><br></div><div>Clearly the oil must be sloshing to the right sid=
e of the pan during the slow left hand turns.=C2=A0 The Racetorations picku=
p is the saucer kind which is centered in the sump.</div><div><br></div><di=
v>Showing good pressure at around 70+psi at near 6,800rpms in straights and=
 2qt accusump when idling, 80psi.</div><div><br></div><div>We are going to =
drain, measure and refill. Thoughts, other than simply not enough oil in th=
e system?</div><div><br></div><div>The math:</div><div>Stock TR6 system -=
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A05.4qts</div><div>Racestorations=C2=A0Sump=C2=A0+1.6qts<=
/div><div>Oil lines=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0+0.5qts (external oil feed)</div><div>Oil cooler=
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0+0.5qts</div><div>Accusump=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0+2.0quts</div><div>Total=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A010.0qts</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div><br></div><div>Mar=
k Cook</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.net<=
/a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank"=
>http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/jason@jsperformancemotoring.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@jsperformancemotoring.com</a><=
br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
_______________________________________________<br><a href=3D"mailto:fot@au=
tox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.net</a><br><br><a href=3D"ht=
tp://www.fot-racing.com" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br=
><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target=3D"_blank">=
m.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=
=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.ne=
t/pipermail/fot</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com</a><br><br><br></div></div><br></div><=
/div></div></blockquote></div>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000dda3d8065caa47d5--

--===============6074667668852212760==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot



--===============6074667668852212760==--

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>