fot
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Fot] TR6 Oil Pressure During Race Conditions

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Oil Pressure During Race Conditions
From: Mike Mehl <mike.mehl@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2026 03:59:16 +0000 (UTC)
Authentication-results: autox.team.net;
Delivered-to: mharc@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: fot@autox.team.net
References: <CAPR120-kYSCgSfYejGS13i+n9QGjYWi7uisSmREHe66jchawnQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAEN1C=T_f-niBwa_gjnT=1jQGZ_HpwQvc4ySRJ4HBHf+TY2pCg@mail.gmail.com> <CEAFA4BF-3638-4115-9034-46CC3BBCDE6B@me.com> <CAPR120-OkN-3HFCksiWooUaqZvVOdNZxGTPido5_LuND4_D3+Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAPR120-KaWDY6P28Gy_5888v=cNtwaOBn9MA+CXhFEB+H=u=Jw@mail.gmail.com> <c90404e4-c265-4b10-99fc-3fd39987bebb@tonydrews.com>
--===============0968407260494215146==
        boundary="----=_Part_2721287_728921101.1790740756212"

------=_Part_2721287_728921101.1790740756212
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

We also use a size 12 hose with a full flow size 12 full flow manual ball v=
alve. Size 12 is 3/4 inch id hose.=C2=A0 Not all ball vales are full flow. =
I think the accusump makes the engine last longer as you start it with pres=
sure in the oil galley
On Wed Sep 30 03:53:34 UTC 2026, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote: =20
My TR-4 accusump is plumbed similarly.=C2=A0 Uses big-ass lines (AN12 I thi=
nk).=C2=A0 Keeping the oil overfull is the trick for the TR-4.=C2=A0 I have=
 an older electronic valve in the accusump, they apparently flow more than =
the newer valve.=C2=A0 Same deal, left hand turns, oil pressure drop even w=
ith baffling if oil level is too low.=C2=A0 Accusump keeps it up to about 3=
0 though.
=20
Regards, Tony Drews
 On 9/29/2026 9:44 PM, Mark Cook wrote:
 =20
  Oh, by the way, my accusump is plumbed to flow in between=C2=A0the oil co=
oler and the external oil manifold.=C2=A0 The backflow/check valve is betwe=
en the accusump line and the oil cooler.=20
  Thanks again!=20
  Mark Cook =20
  On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 10:26=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook <mecook635@gmail.com> =
wrote:
 =20
  Scott, Jason, Bob and Mike,=20
  Thanks for the quick responses. Scott - I have both the newer Racetoratio=
ns baffle and oil pickup in the second link.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I also have an oil=
 low pressure light in front of me set at 30psi, which is what alerted me=
=C2=A0 hen on the track.=C2=A0 =C2=A0So, in summary, three things to check:=
=20
  1.=C2=A0Oil level - try "over filling" by 1/2" over fill line or 1 full q=
uart 2. Accusump automatic valve - check settings or replace with manual va=
lve (automatic valve may not be opening soon enough) 3.=C2=A0Replace the oi=
l pan baffle with a different make if the above does not work. =20
  Much appreciated!=C2=A0 Will keep you posted.=C2=A0 Hope to see you all a=
t VIR in March for the Wild Hare.=C2=A0 If the planets align, I will be the=
re too.=20
  Regards,=20
  Mark Cook =20
  On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 4:36=E2=80=AFPM Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com> wro=
te:
 =20
 Hi, Mark, another not-quite-the-same story, but I also run a GT6 with a st=
ock - now baffled oil pan and an accusump.=C2=A0 My accusump is plumbed rig=
ht into the block - directly above the stock oil filter opening there=E2=80=
=99s a hole in the block that is filled in with some soft metal from the fa=
ctory.=C2=A0 That was drilled out, tapped and has an AN -12 (?) hose that c=
onnects to the accusump on the passenger compartment floor.=C2=A0 Like Jaso=
n, I just have a manual lever/ball valve right on the tank- open that up be=
fore I fire the engine, close it before I shut it off. I can reach it easil=
y when I=E2=80=99m sitting in the car.=C2=A0 I also have a big red automete=
r pro-lite on top of the dash, aimed at me, which goes on any time the pres=
sure drops below 30 or 40 lb (been so long since I installed it I don=E2=80=
=99t remember what the pressure switch is at). It serves two purposes - whe=
n I turn on the ignition switch, it lights up until I open the accusump and=
 the pressure builds.=C2=A0 Second, I don=E2=80=99t need to be watching my =
gauge while racing - if that light goes on, I immediately know something is=
 wrong, big time, and can shut off the engine hopefully before I ruin it an=
d/or oil the track.=20
  I run a stock pump, the baffles divide the pan into quarters and have a f=
ew holes punched in them to let the oil move around but not too much.=C2=A0=
 Loose fit at the bottom of the pan. Again, like Jason, I also run the oil =
level about 3/8 -to- 1/2=E2=80=9D above the top fill mark as I find the oil=
 pressure does drop slightly if it=E2=80=99s below the top fill mark. My fu=
ll chat oil pressure at the Glen this weekend was about 70-75 lb (this engi=
ne has about six events on it) - 60 lb cold at idle, maybe 50lb hot at idle=
.=C2=A0 I do not notice any fluctuations on turns. I think my full fill is =
about 7.5 quarts starting with a drained accusump, but not sure.=C2=A0 BTW-=
 I always use an oil pressure primer tank when I change the oil, start the =
engine, open the accusump to pressurize it (partially - don=E2=80=99t want =
the oil pressure to drop as it fills up), then adjust the fill level at the=
 dipstick.=C2=A0 That way, any time I start the engine after that I can pre=
-oil it with the accusump.=20
  I wonder if your baffle is the issue?=C2=A0 If this is it, I don=E2=80=99=
t think it is doing much good.=C2=A0https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product=
/aluminium-sump-baffle-plate-tr5-6/ On the other hand, I don=E2=80=99t see =
any issues with this one.=C2=A0 Not sure what the saucer pick-up really doe=
s for the engine, though. Might even keep oil from getting to the intake if=
 it is too close to the bottom of the pan. =C2=A0https://www.racetorations.=
co.uk/product/track-day-competition-oil-pump-complete-kit-tr5-6/ not sure w=
hich one you have. Good luck, let us know what you find out.=C2=A0 An accus=
ump is cheap insurance! =C2=A0=20
  Scott Janzen=20
  On Sep 29, 2026, at 3:41=E2=80=AFPM, JS Performance Motoring, LLC <jason@=
jsperformancemotoring.com> wrote:=20
   Mark, =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0My GT6 runs a baffled stock pan =
with a stock pickup, so it's apples to oranges, but I find that running the=
 oil level about 1/2" above the "full" line on the stock dipstick helps red=
uce how often the oil pressure fluctuates in left-hand turns. There is ampl=
e room before the crank throws hit the oil, that extra oil has never been a=
 problem for me.=C2=A0 I suspect the longer throws of the 2.5L crankshaft a=
lso have plenty of room.=20
  When watching my in car videos, I see the oil pressure gauge needle still=
 flickers occasionally during a left turn after a hard braking zone, but wi=
th the Accusump backfeeding, it never indicates pressure nearly as low as w=
hat you are reporting.=C2=A0 I'm still seeing 50 psi during a momentary dro=
p.=C2=A0 70 to 80 psi at peak revs (8,000 rpm) with hot oil.=20
  How is your Accusump plumbed into the engine?=C2=A0 I have seen Accusumps=
 with an electronic valve that doesn't open until some preset pressure drop=
, those seem less helpful in this sort of situation. I prefer the manual va=
lve that's wide open whenever the engine is running.=20
 =20
 =20
           Jason Sukey JS Performance Motoring, LLC
  440.984.7720 jason@jsperformancemotoring.com
  www.jspmparts.com https://www.facebook.com/JSPerformanceMotoring/
          =20
 =20
  On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 3:20=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook <mecook635@gmail.com> w=
rote:
 =20
  All,=20
  Back in January, installed a newly built back up engine in the TR6 (while=
 Jason Sukey was re-building my original engine).=C2=A0 Finally, ran some b=
reak-in laps back in May at lower RPMs (one session at <5,000, then a secon=
d session=C2=A0at about ~6,000rpm).=C2=A0 Engine ran well, but did not real=
ly push it hard.=20
  Last week at VIR, pushed the car a little harder (both in rain and dry tr=
ack).=C2=A0 Moving through T3 and T4 (left hand turns), I experienced very =
low oil pressures:=C2=A0=C2=A0 T3 -=C2=A0 30.1psi / 3954rpm / 60.1mph and=
=C2=A0 T4 -=C2=A0 24.8psi / 3643rpm / 46.6mph.=C2=A0=C2=A0=20
  At similar rpms,=C2=A0 T12 (RH), 52.4psi / 3525rpm / 45.9mph.=C2=A0=20
  I have a Racetorations oil sump (take 1.6qts more than stock), race baffl=
e and race oil pickup (with the saucer).=C2=A0 Did not push the TR6 very ha=
rd, not over 7,000rpm. =20
  Clearly the oil must be sloshing to the right side of the pan during the =
slow left hand turns.=C2=A0 The Racetorations pickup is the saucer kind whi=
ch is centered in the sump.=20
  Showing good pressure at around 70+psi at near 6,800rpms in straights and=
 2qt accusump when idling, 80psi.=20
  We are going to drain, measure and refill. Thoughts, other than simply no=
t enough oil in the system?=20
  The math: Stock TR6 system -=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A05.4qts Racestorations=C2=
=A0Sump=C2=A0+1.6qts Oil lines=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0+0.5qts (external oil feed) Oil coole=
r=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0+0.5qts Accusump=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0+2.0quts Total=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A010.0qts=20
  Thanks,=20
  Mark Cook=20
 =20
  _______________________________________________
 fot@autox.team.net
=20
 http://www.fot-racing.com
=20
 Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
 Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
 Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@jsperf=
ormancemotoring.com
=20
=20
=20
  _______________________________________________
 fot@autox.team.net
=20
 http://www.fot-racing.com
=20
 Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
 Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
 Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.c=
om
=20
=20
  =20
   =20
 =20
 =20
  _______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
s.com


=20
 _______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
oo.com




------=_Part_2721287_728921101.1790740756212
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

We also use a size 12 hose with a full flow size 12 full flow manual ball v=
alve. Size 12 is 3/4 inch id hose.&nbsp; Not all ball vales are full flow. =
I think the accusump makes the engine last longer as you start it with pres=
sure in the oil galley<div><blockquote style=3D"margin: 0 0 20px 0;"><div s=
tyle=3D"font-family:Roboto, sans-serif; color:#6D00F6;">On Wed Sep 30 03:53=
:34 UTC 2026, Tony Drews &lt;tony@tonydrews.com&gt; wrote:</div><div style=
=3D"padding: 10px 0 0 20px; margin: 10px 0 0 0; border-left: 1px solid #6D0=
0F6;"><div id=3D"yiv4536043369">

 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    <p>My TR-4 accusump is plumbed similarly.&nbsp; Uses big-ass lines (AN1=
2
      I think).&nbsp; Keeping the oil overfull is the trick for the TR-4.&n=
bsp; I
      have an older electronic valve in the accusump, they apparently
      flow more than the newer valve.&nbsp; Same deal, left hand turns, oil
      pressure drop even with baffling if oil level is too low.&nbsp;
      Accusump keeps it up to about 30 though.</p>
    <p>Regards, Tony Drews</p>
    <div class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-cite-prefix">On 9/29/2026 9:44 PM, Mark =
Cook wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"ltr">
        <div>Oh, by the way, my accusump is plumbed to flow in
          between&nbsp;the oil cooler and the external oil manifold.&nbsp; =
The
          backflow/check valve is between the accusump line and the oil
          cooler.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Thanks again!</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Mark Cook</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_quote yiv4536043369gmail_quote_conta=
iner">
        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 29, =
2026 at
          10:26=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener norefe=
rrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:mecook635@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mail=
to:mecook635@gmail.com" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">mecook=
635@gmail.com</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid=
 rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex;" class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_quote">
          <div dir=3D"ltr">
            <div>Scott, Jason, Bob and Mike,</div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Thanks for the quick responses. Scott - I have both the
              newer Racetorations baffle and oil pickup in the second
              link.&nbsp; &nbsp;I also have an oil low pressure light in fr=
ont of
              me set at 30psi, which is what alerted me&nbsp; hen on the
              track.&nbsp; &nbsp;So, in summary, three things to check:</di=
v>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>1.&nbsp;Oil level - try "over filling" by 1/2" over fill
              line or 1 full quart</div>
            <div>2. Accusump automatic valve - check settings or replace
              with manual valve (automatic valve may not be opening soon
              enough)
              <div>3.&nbsp;Replace the oil pan baffle with a different make
                if the above does not work.</div>
            </div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Much appreciated!&nbsp; Will keep you posted.&nbsp; Hope t=
o see
              you all at VIR in March for the Wild Hare.&nbsp; If the plane=
ts
              align, I will be there too.</div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Regards,</div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Mark Cook</div>
          </div>
          <br>
          <div class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_quote">
            <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep =
29, 2026 at
              4:36=E2=80=AFPM Scott Janzen &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener =
noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:sjanzen@me.com"; target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mai=
lto:sjanzen@me.com" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">sjanzen@me=
.com</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px s=
olid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex;" class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_quote"=
>
              <div>Hi, Mark, another not-quite-the-same story, but I
                also run a GT6 with a stock - now baffled oil pan and an
                accusump.&nbsp; My accusump is plumbed right into the block=
 -
                directly above the stock oil filter opening there=E2=80=99s=
 a
                hole in the block that is filled in with some soft metal
                from the factory.&nbsp; That was drilled out, tapped and ha=
s
                an AN -12 (?) hose that connects to the accusump on the
                passenger compartment floor.&nbsp; Like Jason, I just have =
a
                manual lever/ball valve right on the tank- open that up
                before I fire the engine, close it before I shut it off.
                I can reach it easily when I=E2=80=99m sitting in the car.&=
nbsp; I
                also have a big red autometer pro-lite on top of the
                dash, aimed at me, which goes on any time the pressure
                drops below 30 or 40 lb (been so long since I installed
                it I don=E2=80=99t remember what the pressure switch is at)=
. It
                serves two purposes - when I turn on the ignition
                switch, it lights up until I open the accusump and the
                pressure builds.&nbsp; Second, I don=E2=80=99t need to be w=
atching my
                gauge while racing - if that light goes on, I
                immediately know something is wrong, big time, and can
                shut off the engine hopefully before I ruin it and/or
                oil the track.
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>I run a stock pump, the baffles divide the pan into
                  quarters and have a few holes punched in them to let
                  the oil move around but not too much.&nbsp; Loose fit at
                  the bottom of the pan. Again, like Jason, I also run
                  the oil level about 3/8 -to- 1/2=E2=80=9D above the top f=
ill
                  mark as I find the oil pressure does drop slightly if
                  it=E2=80=99s below the top fill mark.
                  <div>My full chat oil pressure at the Glen this
                    weekend was about 70-75 lb (this engine has about
                    six events on it) - 60 lb cold at idle, maybe 50lb
                    hot at idle.&nbsp; I do not notice any fluctuations on
                    turns.</div>
                  <div>I think my full fill is about 7.5 quarts starting
                    with a drained accusump, but not sure.&nbsp; BTW- I
                    always use an oil pressure primer tank when I change
                    the oil, start the engine, open the accusump to
                    pressurize it (partially - don=E2=80=99t want the oil
                    pressure to drop as it fills up), then adjust the
                    fill level at the dipstick.&nbsp; That way, any time I
                    start the engine after that I can pre-oil it with
                    the accusump.</div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div>I wonder if your baffle is the issue?&nbsp; If this =
is
                    it, I don=E2=80=99t think it is doing much good.&nbsp;<=
a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"https://ww=
w.racetorations.co.uk/product/aluminium-sump-baffle-plate-tr5-6/" class=3D"=
yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product=
/aluminium-sump-baffle-plate-tr5-6/</a></div>
                  <div>On the other hand, I don=E2=80=99t see any issues wi=
th
                    this one.&nbsp; Not sure what the saucer pick-up really
                    does for the engine, though. Might even keep oil
                    from getting to the intake if it is too close to the
                    bottom of the pan. &nbsp;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product=
/track-day-competition-oil-pump-complete-kit-tr5-6/" class=3D"yiv4536043369=
moz-txt-link-freetext">https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/track-day-co=
mpetition-oil-pump-complete-kit-tr5-6/</a></div>
                  <div>not sure which one you have.</div>
                  <div>Good luck, let us know what you find out.&nbsp; An
                    accusump is cheap insurance! &nbsp;</div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div>Scott Janzen</div>
                  <div><br>
                    <div>
                      <div>On Sep 29, 2026, at 3:41=E2=80=AFPM, JS Performa=
nce
                        Motoring, LLC &lt;<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noref=
errer" ymailto=3D"mailto:jason@jsperformancemotoring.com"; target=3D"_blank"=
 href=3D"mailto:jason@jsperformancemotoring.com"; class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-=
txt-link-freetext">jason@jsperformancemotoring.com</a>&gt;
                        wrote:</div>
                      <br>
                      <div>
                        <div dir=3D"ltr">
                          <div>Mark,</div>
                          <div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;My GT6 run=
s a baffled stock pan
                            with a stock pickup, so it's apples to
                            oranges, but I find that running the oil
                            level about 1/2" above the "full" line on
                            the stock dipstick helps reduce how often
                            the oil pressure fluctuates in left-hand
                            turns. There is ample room before the crank
                            throws hit the oil, that extra oil has never
                            been a problem for me.&nbsp; I suspect the long=
er
                            throws of the 2.5L crankshaft also have
                            plenty of room.</div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>When watching my in car videos, I see the
                            oil pressure gauge needle still flickers
                            occasionally during a left turn after a hard
                            braking zone, but with the Accusump
                            backfeeding, it never indicates pressure
                            nearly as low as what you are reporting.&nbsp;
                            I'm still seeing 50 psi during a momentary
                            drop.&nbsp; 70 to 80 psi at peak revs (8,000 rp=
m)
                            with hot oil.</div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>How is your Accusump plumbed into the
                            engine?&nbsp; I have seen Accusumps with an
                            electronic valve that doesn't open until
                            some preset pressure drop, those seem less
                            helpful in this sort of situation. I prefer
                            the manual valve that's wide open whenever
                            the engine is running.</div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>
                            <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_si=
gnature">
                              <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                <div>
                                  <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                    <div>
                                      <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                        <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                          <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                            <div>Jason Sukey</div>
                                            <div><span></span><span></span>=
JS
                                              Performance Motoring, LLC<br>
                                            </div>
                                            <div><a rel=3D"nofollow noopene=
r noreferrer">440.984.7720</a></div>
                                            <div><a rel=3D"nofollow noopene=
r noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:jason@jsperformancemotoring.com"; target=3D"=
_blank" href=3D"mailto:jason@jsperformancemotoring.com"; class=3D"yiv4536043=
369moz-txt-link-freetext">jason@jsperformancemotoring.com</a><br>
                                            </div>
                                            <div><a rel=3D"nofollow noopene=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.jspmparts.com/";>www.jspm=
parts.com</a></div>
                                            <div><a rel=3D"nofollow noopene=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"https://www.facebook.com/JSPerforma=
nceMotoring/" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">https://www.face=
book.com/JSPerformanceMotoring/</a><br>
                                            </div>
                                          </div>
                                        </div>
                                      </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </div>
                            </div>
                          </div>
                          <br>
                        </div>
                        <br>
                        <div class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_quote">
                          <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"yiv4536043369gmail_attr=
">On Tue, Sep
                            29, 2026 at 3:20=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook &lt;<a re=
l=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:mecook635@gmail.com"; t=
arget=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:mecook635@gmail.com"; class=3D"yiv4536043369=
moz-txt-link-freetext">mecook635@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                            wrote:<br>
                          </div>
                          <blockquote style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;bor=
der-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex;" class=3D"yiv45360433=
69gmail_quote">
                            <div dir=3D"ltr">
                              <div>All,</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Back in January, installed a newly
                                built back up engine in the TR6 (while
                                Jason Sukey was re-building my original
                                engine).&nbsp; Finally, ran some break-in
                                laps back in May at lower RPMs (one
                                session at &lt;5,000, then a second
                                session&nbsp;at about ~6,000rpm).&nbsp; Eng=
ine ran
                                well, but did not really push it hard.</div=
>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Last week at VIR, pushed the car a
                                little harder (both in rain and dry
                                track).&nbsp; Moving through T3 and T4 (lef=
t
                                hand turns), I experienced very low oil
                                pressures:&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
                              <div>T3 -&nbsp; 30.1psi / 3954rpm / 60.1mph
                                and&nbsp;</div>
                              <div>T4 -&nbsp; 24.8psi / 3643rpm / 46.6mph.&=
nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>At similar rpms,&nbsp;</div>
                              <div>T12 (RH), 52.4psi / 3525rpm /
                                45.9mph.&nbsp;</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>I have a Racetorations oil sump (take
                                1.6qts more than stock), race baffle and
                                race oil pickup (with the saucer).&nbsp; Di=
d
                                not push the TR6 very hard, not over
                                7,000rpm.
                              </div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Clearly the oil must be sloshing to
                                the right side of the pan during the
                                slow left hand turns.&nbsp; The Racetoratio=
ns
                                pickup is the saucer kind which is
                                centered in the sump.</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Showing good pressure at around
                                70+psi at near 6,800rpms in straights
                                and 2qt accusump when idling, 80psi.</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>We are going to drain, measure and
                                refill. Thoughts, other than simply not
                                enough oil in the system?</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>The math:</div>
                              <div>Stock TR6 system -&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;5.=
4qts</div>
                              <div>Racestorations&nbsp;Sump&nbsp;+1.6qts</d=
iv>
                              <div>Oil lines&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nb=
sp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
                                &nbsp;+0.5qts (external oil feed)</div>
                              <div>Oil cooler&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &n=
bsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
                                &nbsp;+0.5qts</div>
                              <div>Accusump&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbs=
p; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;+2.0quts</div>
                              <div>Total&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;10.0qts<=
/div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Thanks,</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Mark Cook</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                            </div>
_______________________________________________<br>
                            <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=
=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.t=
eam.net" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">fot@autox.team.net</a=
><br>
                            <br>
                            <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/"; class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-t=
xt-link-freetext">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
                            <br>
                            Donate: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; class=3D"yiv453=
6043369moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                            Archive: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; class=3D"yiv4536=
043369moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
                            <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage";>ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
                              Unsubscribe/Manage</a>: <a rel=3D"nofollow no=
opener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
options/fot/jason@jsperformancemotoring.com" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-=
link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@jsperformanc=
emotoring.com</a><br>
                            <br>
                            <br>
                          </blockquote>
                        </div>
                        _______________________________________________<br>
                        <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"=
mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.=
net" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">fot@autox.team.net</a><br=
>
                        <br>
                        <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_=
blank" href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-lin=
k-freetext">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
                        <br>
                        Donate: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" tar=
get=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; class=3D"yiv4536043=
369moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                        Archive: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ta=
rget=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; class=3D"yiv45360433=
69moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
                        <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_=
blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; class=3D"yiv4536043369moz=
-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>
                        Unsubscribe/Manage: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener nor=
eferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fo=
t/sjanzen@me.com" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com</a><br>
                        <br>
                        <br>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                    <br>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldse=
t>
      <pre class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-quote-pre">___________________________=
____________________
<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" ymailto=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.ne=
t" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; class=3D"yiv4536043=
369moz-txt-link-abbreviated">fot@autox.team.net</a>

<a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://ww=
w.fot-racing.com" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.f=
ot-racing.com</a>

ttp://www.team.net/donate.html" class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext=
">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"=
http://autox.team.net/archive"; class=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext"=
>http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a rel=3D"nofollow noopener noreferrer" =
target=3D"_blank" href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; class=3D"yiv45=
36043369moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a>
k" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tony@tonydrews.com"; cl=
ass=3D"yiv4536043369moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/op=
tions/fot/tony@tonydrews.com</a>


</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </div>

</div>_______________________________________________<br><a ymailto=3D"mail=
to:fot@autox.team.net" href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.ne=
t</a><br><br><a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/www.fot-racing.com</a><br><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donat=
e.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <=
a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; target=3D"_=
blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/mike.mehl@yahoo.com"; target=
=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/mike.mehl@yahoo.com</=
a><br><br><br></div></blockquote></div>
------=_Part_2721287_728921101.1790740756212--

--===============0968407260494215146==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot



--===============0968407260494215146==--

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>