fot
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Fot] TR6 Oil Pressure During Race Conditions

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Oil Pressure During Race Conditions
From: Mark Cook <mecook635@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2026 07:19:32 -0400
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; arc=none d=gmail.com; s=20251104; t=1790767183; x=1791371983; darn=autox.team.net; h=content-type:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to :references:mime-version:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to :content-type; bh=/XC517gSGdPSwcYIIQN8VFDQrEx1GE8BhFc5Is8jRCA=; b=H2yqPdUvkMw9z/Z6utNawpKCmDjAsSYnccJtoRf+mSopbWsepHSpVJa28mwUVySWI4 fuyoxp4YTUwNQS5xI8E1lBGFvJA7PvAANj9k2//ucTwD0Cp1de3vkfJvQ4jARJuYNJBC IACVQWED4661f+8PeZsMt9N5oA5PTuH1ANeL7O1TKKwWxs1DyE7WJ5SCvDvjDB688MSK Y3j1lGBR/haRcjkkNSV0t6o8i+r75N78QjX5VS25NqC7GaumYu8EKfQ3VwcnGcQUGGAI hS/fQDEhGjxF1/JVitITzchzrKfe53YMjsldjiheDbPmMHSfg7JZxmq8RDNSGDId6Ihv hv2A== d=1e100.net; s=20260707; t=1790767183; x=1791371983; h=content-type:cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to :references:mime-version:x-gm-gg:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc :subject:date:message-id:reply-to:content-type; bh=/XC517gSGdPSwcYIIQN8VFDQrEx1GE8BhFc5Is8jRCA=; b=oyNKoFH8++nLXpCxXkWKDqaTY3/AZ7RZmlPDKaDaATijwu+wsWLaqMoOqYDM/zreoW 53758vhYffA3ZL5SYIT86hHogI32M4DyzggUrOvu+3K0QbLabWW6kT5gtX9FqwMROHMa Zg/yXwYe3Rn5lBBEx4Sjcq1+tQPUP876GSafyoGiWHATrOSBbA8HGDVzwDun0pzoiNAI PdUxo/6uxokLu0O1vsK1oRHI+GWvdBf55tqD71ICeLHqm/kcbb7+kdaC9ZZxJ6lHkart B0kFe3wl8qmpjfPtNM7axGG9hvL2Sd0o0oOy9SNVc2NGarb2+9xuMs38Vx2hJj9/nFCX rkog== b2NA8C0u9hfiCGvs4UwCpU0KKX99pJYE45fBiXaT9ozMg9WDUXayNklX/pvAhZOt6aNOhpceL+X bRTrrjB1kbXmAXcF6Y649JlxwcyZ79l0TBEXn hvYhHHAqlO+uStaluaDXlyMoJn+zZVxKRh7lT2WwL3IbLhN7rTECwbi1ZIKYZC1dheLwDaps8fe nVYh1G4cBGHDZ6qOMCYtpJ0jdctvQcBE647ie6Ug2FKJnzIcohVA1nI0YpVduU/DF3VsgIPv5Fz r90jyPpNiScvr0C2P/AgkqKSPU67WuSccUzFN/RhEJubhWlsFg4ZgD3Y/fIrbORSGLNhDIsfTSG 2LEfeIB3f0aenXMl7Fg2aRY3CAjsEPnpM+m7ryyfGfv+SSc6Ppw3pnM= 98e67ed59e1d1-3a4d1543e90mr1003861a91.14.1790767182827; Wed, 30 Sep 2026 04:19:42 -0700 (PDT)
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; h=cc:to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to:references bh=/XC517gSGdPSwcYIIQN8VFDQrEx1GE8BhFc5Is8jRCA=; fh=pFXZ9kGH7ggUxlJtq+cAiIJp7OoAlba3O8l24UDM6kE=; b=HV1SM7blTshf5tLdnNA/QxkE+W4yJ8tOVQ1LcbnnFCXrzfEqD0Z62BJ0dtrSFxvTka 1yB7Q2JVFnpiJySdHQliKpTNUBAS1cY0JL3RCTUp5zleXJcB4sBN4JBfHqmDp/rGUwnZ n7yk1ZgD5mVNTJReaW9xdXhwQbpaxbePRelA0T8AnvAyY4h4GQP3Q3jSkjiXozDVWr44 RI7yXplpVzLbH3S2bnE2h7Nej/h0iSRVsQWyl5hT6bKpe/DTiUZWRcmLAffqgeIPVub/ wD506zrjETULsyLwAJV7BW+d27xNJ+j0DaY7gVQ1utkDYxom/xK8Ss/7QCUBbbe1yTlR 5BTA==; darn=autox.team.net
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1790767183; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; b=izaMdtv+dGlkXobnPlR3Ju5TonGL1WQnu9oG4c4YY02+8DjsX4K02IouCqS7UHTY8u mPFGdjleoC2//qStk1hJCbJO3vu16t760G7JNj8yDuHhLeKstYR+hI+ZnZ22SPL2g4wk Uz1CAnhdAOlNd9/sEb9qNO96nGNXZYJ5XPvAofKaS/Q+qsza3wQj74zZDgx7NpmsTyUZ m0Dr31aCNyTPstaag3B9LtO/I7praKmvdwQ5G6jDt0762errXUER+L0UBc1CME+b+6IM D46FimBaJk8v1lJJWV6o7VXUj0g21ceYyoqvOpbo/uoUdoWF4Ta2mZkqFXO0lXykj/hW hccQ==
Authentication-results: autox.team.net;
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: mharc@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: fot@autox.team.net
References: <CAPR120-kYSCgSfYejGS13i+n9QGjYWi7uisSmREHe66jchawnQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAEN1C=T_f-niBwa_gjnT=1jQGZ_HpwQvc4ySRJ4HBHf+TY2pCg@mail.gmail.com> <CEAFA4BF-3638-4115-9034-46CC3BBCDE6B@me.com> <CAPR120-OkN-3HFCksiWooUaqZvVOdNZxGTPido5_LuND4_D3+Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAPR120-KaWDY6P28Gy_5888v=cNtwaOBn9MA+CXhFEB+H=u=Jw@mail.gmail.com> <c90404e4-c265-4b10-99fc-3fd39987bebb@tonydrews.com>
--===============1889485420248068376==

--000000000000ced5ac065cb179d1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Tony,

Thanks - I had an older valve which eventually failed and was replaced with
a newer one last year.  I will double check the cut-on pressure and maybe
raise it 10psi to have it cut on sooner.

Regards,

Mark

On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 11:59=E2=80=AFPM Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wr=
ote:

> My TR-4 accusump is plumbed similarly.  Uses big-ass lines (AN12 I
> think).  Keeping the oil overfull is the trick for the TR-4.  I have an
> older electronic valve in the accusump, they apparently flow more than th=
e
> newer valve.  Same deal, left hand turns, oil pressure drop even with
> baffling if oil level is too low.  Accusump keeps it up to about 30 thoug=
h.
>
> Regards, Tony Drews
> On 9/29/2026 9:44 PM, Mark Cook wrote:
>
> Oh, by the way, my accusump is plumbed to flow in between the oil cooler
> and the external oil manifold.  The backflow/check valve is between the
> accusump line and the oil cooler.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Mark Cook
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 10:26=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook <mecook635@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>
>> Scott, Jason, Bob and Mike,
>>
>> Thanks for the quick responses. Scott - I have both the newer
>> Racetorations baffle and oil pickup in the second link.   I also have an
>> oil low pressure light in front of me set at 30psi, which is what alerte=
d
>> me  hen on the track.   So, in summary, three things to check:
>>
>> 1. Oil level - try "over filling" by 1/2" over fill line or 1 full quart
>> 2. Accusump automatic valve - check settings or replace with manual valv=
e
>> (automatic valve may not be opening soon enough)
>> 3. Replace the oil pan baffle with a different make if the above does no=
t
>> work.
>>
>> Much appreciated!  Will keep you posted.  Hope to see you all at VIR in
>> March for the Wild Hare.  If the planets align, I will be there too.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mark Cook
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 4:36=E2=80=AFPM Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com> wr=
ote:
>>
>>> Hi, Mark, another not-quite-the-same story, but I also run a GT6 with a
>>> stock - now baffled oil pan and an accusump.  My accusump is plumbed ri=
ght
>>> into the block - directly above the stock oil filter opening there=E2=
=80=99s a hole
>>> in the block that is filled in with some soft metal from the factory.  =
That
>>> was drilled out, tapped and has an AN -12 (?) hose that connects to the
>>> accusump on the passenger compartment floor.  Like Jason, I just have a
>>> manual lever/ball valve right on the tank- open that up before I fire t=
he
>>> engine, close it before I shut it off. I can reach it easily when I=E2=
=80=99m
>>> sitting in the car.  I also have a big red autometer pro-lite on top of=
 the
>>> dash, aimed at me, which goes on any time the pressure drops below 30 o=
r 40
>>> lb (been so long since I installed it I don=E2=80=99t remember what the=
 pressure
>>> switch is at). It serves two purposes - when I turn on the ignition swi=
tch,
>>> it lights up until I open the accusump and the pressure builds.  Second=
, I
>>> don=E2=80=99t need to be watching my gauge while racing - if that light=
 goes on, I
>>> immediately know something is wrong, big time, and can shut off the eng=
ine
>>> hopefully before I ruin it and/or oil the track.
>>>
>>> I run a stock pump, the baffles divide the pan into quarters and have a
>>> few holes punched in them to let the oil move around but not too much.
>>> Loose fit at the bottom of the pan. Again, like Jason, I also run the o=
il
>>> level about 3/8 -to- 1/2=E2=80=9D above the top fill mark as I find the=
 oil
>>> pressure does drop slightly if it=E2=80=99s below the top fill mark.
>>> My full chat oil pressure at the Glen this weekend was about 70-75 lb
>>> (this engine has about six events on it) - 60 lb cold at idle, maybe 50=
lb
>>> hot at idle.  I do not notice any fluctuations on turns.
>>> I think my full fill is about 7.5 quarts starting with a drained
>>> accusump, but not sure.  BTW- I always use an oil pressure primer tank =
when
>>> I change the oil, start the engine, open the accusump to pressurize it
>>> (partially - don=E2=80=99t want the oil pressure to drop as it fills up=
), then
>>> adjust the fill level at the dipstick.  That way, any time I start the
>>> engine after that I can pre-oil it with the accusump.
>>>
>>> I wonder if your baffle is the issue?  If this is it, I don=E2=80=99t t=
hink it
>>> is doing much good.
>>> https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/aluminium-sump-baffle-plate-tr5=
-6/
>>> On the other hand, I don=E2=80=99t see any issues with this one.  Not s=
ure what
>>> the saucer pick-up really does for the engine, though. Might even keep =
oil
>>> from getting to the intake if it is too close to the bottom of the pan.
>>> https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/track-day-competition-oil-pump-=
complete-kit-tr5-6/
>>> not sure which one you have.
>>> Good luck, let us know what you find out.  An accusump is cheap
>>> insurance!
>>>
>>> Scott Janzen
>>>
>>> On Sep 29, 2026, at 3:41=E2=80=AFPM, JS Performance Motoring, LLC <
>>> jason@jsperformancemotoring.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Mark,
>>>          My GT6 runs a baffled stock pan with a stock pickup, so it's
>>> apples to oranges, but I find that running the oil level about 1/2" abo=
ve
>>> the "full" line on the stock dipstick helps reduce how often the oil
>>> pressure fluctuates in left-hand turns. There is ample room before the
>>> crank throws hit the oil, that extra oil has never been a problem for m=
e.
>>> I suspect the longer throws of the 2.5L crankshaft also have plenty of =
room.
>>>
>>> When watching my in car videos, I see the oil pressure gauge needle
>>> still flickers occasionally during a left turn after a hard braking zon=
e,
>>> but with the Accusump backfeeding, it never indicates pressure nearly a=
s
>>> low as what you are reporting.  I'm still seeing 50 psi during a moment=
ary
>>> drop.  70 to 80 psi at peak revs (8,000 rpm) with hot oil.
>>>
>>> How is your Accusump plumbed into the engine?  I have seen Accusumps
>>> with an electronic valve that doesn't open until some preset pressure d=
rop,
>>> those seem less helpful in this sort of situation. I prefer the manual
>>> valve that's wide open whenever the engine is running.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Jason Sukey
>>> JS Performance Motoring, LLC
>>> 440.984.7720 <(440)%20984-7720>
>>> jason@jsperformancemotoring.com
>>> www.jspmparts.com
>>> https://www.facebook.com/JSPerformanceMotoring/
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 3:20=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook <mecook635@gmail.com>=
 wrote:
>>>
>>>> All,
>>>>
>>>> Back in January, installed a newly built back up engine in the TR6
>>>> (while Jason Sukey was re-building my original engine).  Finally, ran =
some
>>>> break-in laps back in May at lower RPMs (one session at <5,000, then a
>>>> second session at about ~6,000rpm).  Engine ran well, but did not real=
ly
>>>> push it hard.
>>>>
>>>> Last week at VIR, pushed the car a little harder (both in rain and dry
>>>> track).  Moving through T3 and T4 (left hand turns), I experienced ver=
y low
>>>> oil pressures:
>>>> T3 -  30.1psi / 3954rpm / 60.1mph and
>>>> T4 -  24.8psi / 3643rpm / 46.6mph.
>>>>
>>>> At similar rpms,
>>>> T12 (RH), 52.4psi / 3525rpm / 45.9mph.
>>>>
>>>> I have a Racetorations oil sump (take 1.6qts more than stock), race
>>>> baffle and race oil pickup (with the saucer).  Did not push the TR6 ve=
ry
>>>> hard, not over 7,000rpm.
>>>>
>>>> Clearly the oil must be sloshing to the right side of the pan during
>>>> the slow left hand turns.  The Racetorations pickup is the saucer kind
>>>> which is centered in the sump.
>>>>
>>>> Showing good pressure at around 70+psi at near 6,800rpms in straights
>>>> and 2qt accusump when idling, 80psi.
>>>>
>>>> We are going to drain, measure and refill. Thoughts, other than simply
>>>> not enough oil in the system?
>>>>
>>>> The math:
>>>> Stock TR6 system -     5.4qts
>>>> Racestorations Sump +1.6qts
>>>> Oil lines                       +0.5qts (external oil feed)
>>>> Oil cooler                     +0.5qts
>>>> Accusump                    +2.0quts
>>>> Total       10.0qts
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Mark Cook
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> fot@autox.team.net
>>>>
>>>> http://www.fot-racing.com
>>>>
>>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive
>>>> http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
>>>> Unsubscribe/Manage
>>>> <http://www.team.net/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage>:
>>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@jsperformancemotoring.=
com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>> fot@autox.team.net
>>>
>>> http://www.fot-racing.com
>>>
>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fo=
t
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
> _______________________________________________fot@autox.team.net
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tony@tonydr=
ews.com
>
>  _______________________________________________
> fot@autox.team.net
>
> http://www.fot-racing.com
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
> Unsubscribe/Manage <http://www.team.net/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage>:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/mecook635@gmail.com
>
>
>

--000000000000ced5ac065cb179d1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Tony,</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks - I had an olde=
r valve which eventually failed and was replaced with a newer one last year=
.=C2=A0 I will double check the cut-on pressure and maybe raise it 10psi to=
 have it cut on sooner.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div><br></d=
iv><div>Mark</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container=
"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 11:59=E2=80=
=AFPM Tony Drews &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tony@tonydrews.com";>tony@tonydrews.c=
om</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margi=
n:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex=
"><u></u>

 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF">
    <p>My TR-4 accusump is plumbed similarly.=C2=A0 Uses big-ass lines (AN1=
2
      I think).=C2=A0 Keeping the oil overfull is the trick for the TR-4.=
=C2=A0 I
      have an older electronic valve in the accusump, they apparently
      flow more than the newer valve.=C2=A0 Same deal, left hand turns, oil
      pressure drop even with baffling if oil level is too low.=C2=A0
      Accusump keeps it up to about 30 though.</p>
    <p>Regards, Tony Drews</p>
    <div>On 9/29/2026 9:44 PM, Mark Cook wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"ltr">
        <div>Oh, by the way, my accusump is plumbed to flow in
          between=C2=A0the oil cooler and the external oil manifold.=C2=A0 =
The
          backflow/check valve is between the accusump line and the oil
          cooler.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Thanks again!</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Mark Cook</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at
          10:26=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mecook635@gmail.=
com" target=3D"_blank">mecook635@gmail.com</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex=
;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div dir=3D"ltr">
            <div>Scott, Jason, Bob and Mike,</div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Thanks for the quick responses. Scott - I have both the
              newer Racetorations baffle and oil pickup in the second
              link.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I also have an oil low pressure light in fr=
ont of
              me set at 30psi, which is what alerted me=C2=A0 hen on the
              track.=C2=A0 =C2=A0So, in summary, three things to check:</di=
v>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>1.=C2=A0Oil level - try &quot;over filling&quot; by 1/2&qu=
ot; over fill
              line or 1 full quart</div>
            <div>2. Accusump automatic valve - check settings or replace
              with manual valve (automatic valve may not be opening soon
              enough)
              <div>3.=C2=A0Replace the oil pan baffle with a different make
                if the above does not work.</div>
            </div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Much appreciated!=C2=A0 Will keep you posted.=C2=A0 Hope t=
o see
              you all at VIR in March for the Wild Hare.=C2=A0 If the plane=
ts
              align, I will be there too.</div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Regards,</div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Mark Cook</div>
          </div>
          <br>
          <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
            <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at
              4:36=E2=80=AFPM Scott Janzen &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sjanzen@me=
.com" target=3D"_blank">sjanzen@me.com</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0=
.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              <div>Hi, Mark, another not-quite-the-same story, but I
                also run a GT6 with a stock - now baffled oil pan and an
                accusump.=C2=A0 My accusump is plumbed right into the block=
 -
                directly above the stock oil filter opening there=E2=80=99s=
 a
                hole in the block that is filled in with some soft metal
                from the factory.=C2=A0 That was drilled out, tapped and ha=
s
                an AN -12 (?) hose that connects to the accusump on the
                passenger compartment floor.=C2=A0 Like Jason, I just have =
a
                manual lever/ball valve right on the tank- open that up
                before I fire the engine, close it before I shut it off.
                I can reach it easily when I=E2=80=99m sitting in the car.=
=C2=A0 I
                also have a big red autometer pro-lite on top of the
                dash, aimed at me, which goes on any time the pressure
                drops below 30 or 40 lb (been so long since I installed
                it I don=E2=80=99t remember what the pressure switch is at)=
. It
                serves two purposes - when I turn on the ignition
                switch, it lights up until I open the accusump and the
                pressure builds.=C2=A0 Second, I don=E2=80=99t need to be w=
atching my
                gauge while racing - if that light goes on, I
                immediately know something is wrong, big time, and can
                shut off the engine hopefully before I ruin it and/or
                oil the track.
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>I run a stock pump, the baffles divide the pan into
                  quarters and have a few holes punched in them to let
                  the oil move around but not too much.=C2=A0 Loose fit at
                  the bottom of the pan. Again, like Jason, I also run
                  the oil level about 3/8 -to- 1/2=E2=80=9D above the top f=
ill
                  mark as I find the oil pressure does drop slightly if
                  it=E2=80=99s below the top fill mark.
                  <div>My full chat oil pressure at the Glen this
                    weekend was about 70-75 lb (this engine has about
                    six events on it) - 60 lb cold at idle, maybe 50lb
                    hot at idle.=C2=A0 I do not notice any fluctuations on
                    turns.</div>
                  <div>I think my full fill is about 7.5 quarts starting
                    with a drained accusump, but not sure.=C2=A0 BTW- I
                    always use an oil pressure primer tank when I change
                    the oil, start the engine, open the accusump to
                    pressurize it (partially - don=E2=80=99t want the oil
                    pressure to drop as it fills up), then adjust the
                    fill level at the dipstick.=C2=A0 That way, any time I
                    start the engine after that I can pre-oil it with
                    the accusump.</div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div>I wonder if your baffle is the issue?=C2=A0 If this =
is
                    it, I don=E2=80=99t think it is doing much good.=C2=A0<=
a href=3D"https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/aluminium-sump-baffle-pla=
te-tr5-6/" target=3D"_blank">https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/alumin=
ium-sump-baffle-plate-tr5-6/</a></div>
                  <div>On the other hand, I don=E2=80=99t see any issues wi=
th
                    this one.=C2=A0 Not sure what the saucer pick-up really
                    does for the engine, though. Might even keep oil
                    from getting to the intake if it is too close to the
                    bottom of the pan. =C2=A0<a href=3D"https://www.racetor=
ations.co.uk/product/track-day-competition-oil-pump-complete-kit-tr5-6/" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">https://www.racetorations.co.uk/product/track-day-competiti=
on-oil-pump-complete-kit-tr5-6/</a></div>
                  <div>not sure which one you have.</div>
                  <div>Good luck, let us know what you find out.=C2=A0 An
                    accusump is cheap insurance! =C2=A0</div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div>Scott Janzen</div>
                  <div><br>
                    <div>
                      <div>On Sep 29, 2026, at 3:41=E2=80=AFPM, JS Performa=
nce
                        Motoring, LLC &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jason@jsperform=
ancemotoring.com" target=3D"_blank">jason@jsperformancemotoring.com</a>&gt;
                        wrote:</div>
                      <br>
                      <div>
                        <div dir=3D"ltr">
                          <div>Mark,</div>
                          <div>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0My GT6 run=
s a baffled stock pan
                            with a stock pickup, so it&#39;s apples to
                            oranges, but I find that running the oil
                            level about 1/2&quot; above the &quot;full&quot=
; line on
                            the stock dipstick helps reduce how often
                            the oil pressure fluctuates in left-hand
                            turns. There is ample room before the crank
                            throws hit the oil, that extra oil has never
                            been a problem for me.=C2=A0 I suspect the long=
er
                            throws of the 2.5L crankshaft also have
                            plenty of room.</div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>When watching my in car videos, I see the
                            oil pressure gauge needle still flickers
                            occasionally during a left turn after a hard
                            braking zone, but with the Accusump
                            backfeeding, it never indicates pressure
                            nearly as low as what you are reporting.=C2=A0
                            I&#39;m still seeing 50 psi during a momentary
                            drop.=C2=A0 70 to 80 psi at peak revs (8,000 rp=
m)
                            with hot oil.</div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>How is your Accusump plumbed into the
                            engine?=C2=A0 I have seen Accusumps with an
                            electronic valve that doesn&#39;t open until
                            some preset pressure drop, those seem less
                            helpful in this sort of situation. I prefer
                            the manual valve that&#39;s wide open whenever
                            the engine is running.</div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div><br>
                          </div>
                          <div>
                            <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature">
                              <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                <div>
                                  <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                    <div>
                                      <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                        <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                          <div dir=3D"ltr">
                                            <div>Jason Sukey</div>
                                            <div><span></span><span></span>=
JS
                                              Performance Motoring, LLC<br>
                                            </div>
                                            <div><a href=3D"tel:(440)%20984=
-7720" value=3D"+14409847720" target=3D"_blank">440.984.7720</a></div>
                                            <div><a href=3D"mailto:jason@js=
performancemotoring.com" target=3D"_blank">jason@jsperformancemotoring.com<=
/a><br>
                                            </div>
                                            <div><a href=3D"http://www.jspm=
parts.com/" target=3D"_blank">www.jspmparts.com</a></div>
                                            <div><a href=3D"https://www.fac=
ebook.com/JSPerformanceMotoring/" target=3D"_blank">https://www.facebook.co=
m/JSPerformanceMotoring/</a><br>
                                            </div>
                                          </div>
                                        </div>
                                      </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                </div>
                              </div>
                            </div>
                          </div>
                          <br>
                        </div>
                        <br>
                        <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
                          <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Sep
                            29, 2026 at 3:20=E2=80=AFPM Mark Cook &lt;<a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:mecook635@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">mecook635@gmail.com</a>=
&gt;
                            wrote:<br>
                          </div>
                          <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin=
:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"=
>
                            <div dir=3D"ltr">
                              <div>All,</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Back in January, installed a newly
                                built back up engine in the TR6 (while
                                Jason Sukey was re-building my original
                                engine).=C2=A0 Finally, ran some break-in
                                laps back in May at lower RPMs (one
                                session at &lt;5,000, then a second
                                session=C2=A0at about ~6,000rpm).=C2=A0 Eng=
ine ran
                                well, but did not really push it hard.</div=
>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Last week at VIR, pushed the car a
                                little harder (both in rain and dry
                                track).=C2=A0 Moving through T3 and T4 (lef=
t
                                hand turns), I experienced very low oil
                                pressures:=C2=A0=C2=A0</div>
                              <div>T3 -=C2=A0 30.1psi / 3954rpm / 60.1mph
                                and=C2=A0</div>
                              <div>T4 -=C2=A0 24.8psi / 3643rpm / 46.6mph.=
=C2=A0=C2=A0</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>At similar rpms,=C2=A0</div>
                              <div>T12 (RH), 52.4psi / 3525rpm /
                                45.9mph.=C2=A0</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>I have a Racetorations oil sump (take
                                1.6qts more than stock), race baffle and
                                race oil pickup (with the saucer).=C2=A0 Di=
d
                                not push the TR6 very hard, not over
                                7,000rpm.
                              </div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Clearly the oil must be sloshing to
                                the right side of the pan during the
                                slow left hand turns.=C2=A0 The Racetoratio=
ns
                                pickup is the saucer kind which is
                                centered in the sump.</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Showing good pressure at around
                                70+psi at near 6,800rpms in straights
                                and 2qt accusump when idling, 80psi.</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>We are going to drain, measure and
                                refill. Thoughts, other than simply not
                                enough oil in the system?</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>The math:</div>
                              <div>Stock TR6 system -=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A05.=
4qts</div>
                              <div>Racestorations=C2=A0Sump=C2=A0+1.6qts</d=
iv>
                              <div>Oil lines=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0
                                =C2=A0+0.5qts (external oil feed)</div>
                              <div>Oil cooler=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0
                                =C2=A0+0.5qts</div>
                              <div>Accusump=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0+2.0quts</div>
                              <div>Total=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A010.0qts<=
/div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Thanks,</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div>Mark Cook</div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                              <div><br>
                              </div>
                            </div>
_______________________________________________<br>
                            <a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D=
"_blank">fot@autox.team.net</a><br>
                            <br>
                            <a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com/"; rel=3D"n=
oreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
                            <br>
                            Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.h=
tml" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br>
                            Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
                            <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fotUns=
ubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/p=
ipermail/fot<br>
                              Unsubscribe/Manage</a>: <a href=3D"http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@jsperformancemotoring.com" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jason@=
jsperformancemotoring.com</a><br>
                            <br>
                            <br>
                          </blockquote>
                        </div>
                        _______________________________________________<br>
                        <a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_bl=
ank">fot@autox.team.net</a><br>
                        <br>
                        <a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
                        <br>
                        Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                        Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
                        <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>
                        Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.n=
et/mailman/options/fot/sjanzen@me.com</a><br>
                        <br>
                        <br>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                    <br>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>_______________________________________________
<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.net<=
/a>

<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-raci=
ng.com</a>

//www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a>
ny@tonydrews.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/f=
ot/tony@tonydrews.com</a>


</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.net<=
/a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/mecook635@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/fot/mecook635@gmail.com</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000ced5ac065cb179d1--

--===============1889485420248068376==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot



--===============1889485420248068376==--

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>