Re: Timing marks?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing marks?
From: andy65 <andy65@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:56:36 -0400
Watch out using a timing light on a Healey.  I did and my timing was way
off.  The advance kicks in at such a low rpm that it is hard to get it low
enough for a true reading.  I think it needs to be down around 600 rpm but
the tach is not accurate that low.  Should also disconnect vacuum advance.

I got much better results using a light across the points.

Andy