Re: Timing marks?

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Timing marks?
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:24:46 -0600
Bob,

Not rough at all. It only takes a couple of seconds to get a reading.
Just rev it & read. Have you never blipped the throttle to 5000.
Knowing the actual maximum advance reading is the most important number.
I know- I know, dangers of a fan blade coming off & a bunch of other
possibilities.

BTW - For those who may wonder, a Pertronix can be static timed. A
voltmeter or test light connected across the coil will indicate zero at
the exact firing point. The engine does need to be backed up about 25
degrees to reset the electronics between tries.

Dave Russell