RE: Timing marks?

To: "'Reinhart Rosner'" <reinhart.rosner@nextra.at>,
Subject: RE: Timing marks?
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:15:07 -0400
Hi Reinhart,
The 100 has a single small notch in the rear flange of the crank pulley
which lines up with an arrow pressed into the timing cover when the
engine is at TDC. The notch is about 1.5 mm wide and square bottomed.
This marking system not really very accurate and is very hard to use a
timing light on with the engine installed.
For accurate timing of our race engines we make a pointer which is held
on by one of the timing cover bolts and reaches over the top of that
rear flange. When an adjustable timing light is used this makes accurate
timing very easy.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com