Re: Timing marks?

To: Warthodson@aol.com
Subject: Re: Timing marks?
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:52:21 -0600
Gary,

Given that there are several variables involved, such as fuel grade,
temperatures, altitudes, & driver actions, 38 degrees is a good starting
point. If you experience pinging, obviously back it off a few degrees.
38 degrees is a "don't go beyond" point. This is why timing at the
maximum advance point is important.

Typically, centrifugal advance would be all in by 5000 rpm. If in doubt,
run it to 5500 rpm & see if it changes.Vacuum advance disconnected of
course.

Dave Russell