Re: speedometer

To: Dean <dht3000@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: speedometer
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:38:32 -0600
Dean,

Mine bounced around the same way. I decided to try changing the cable,
but on a hopeful guess, first only replaced the inner cable. No more
bounce. A slight kink in the old cable was the problem. There are a
number of other things inside the speedometer that could cause a
problem, but the cable is the easiest first try. Not likely to be the
angle drive.

Make sure that the new inner cable extends no more than 3/8" from the
housing flange at the speedometer end or it will put undue pressure on
the bearing.

Dave Russell
BN2