Re: running Hot

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: running Hot
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:41:14 -0500
Bob made some good suggestions, you may know this already, but you can check
your thermostat by putting it in a pan full of water and heating it up, if
you have a candy or baking thermometer you can see at what temp it opens, if
you don't you can still get a good idea of function, should open before the
water boils at 212 F, assuming you are running a 160 or 180 degree F
thermostat.

Sounds like your problem is more extreme than that, but I put some Redline
"water wetter" in the radiator and it seemed to drop them temp by about 5-10
F on a hot day.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1