Re: running Hot

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: running Hot
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:10:31 -0700
I discovered that fact 30 years ago when I decided to drive my '61 BT7
from LA to Canada in January.  (Yeah well we're all a little bit crazy
if we own Healeys, aren't we?)  Bill Bolton will remember me arriving at
his doorstep.

In preparation for the cold and snow,  I  upped the antifreeze
percentage to about 80%.  I discovered that not only did the car run
hotter, looking through the radiator cap hole, the water pump did not
seem to be pumping as much either.  From then on I never ran more than a
50% solution in any car.

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1
ex '61 BT7 and many others

PS:  Also snow does a good job cleaning off the under body :-)