RE: How did we pick our Marque?

To: <caws52803@aol.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: How did we pick our Marque?
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:41:11 -0800
I grew up in southern California and in '65 at 16 I got a '64 blue BJ8. I
only paid $1,800 for it in perfect condition. Daily driver, ski patrol,
surfing, schools, cross country, put about 80,000 miles until it was stolen
at USC in my second year. Fast forward grad school, marriage, kids, Harleys.
One day four year ago I found in the back of a drawer a refrigerator
magnetic in the shape of a Healey steering wheel that my mom had given me in
'66. I showed it to my wife who I had met about two months after my '64 was
stolen in '69. She had seen many pictures of the car and suggested I sell
the bike and buy a Healey again. I joined both national and local clubs (4)
went to the shows and learned how to spot a lemon and began a two year
search.  A club member spotted a Healey blue BJ8 for sale at the 2002 Lake
Tahoe meet, I made the deal by phone, flew up a week later and drove it down
from San Jose.  Two more years of refurbishing (didn't need restoration) and
it's my weekend driver. I show it at the Crystal Cove car show nearly every
Saturday. I was one of the first 10 members of the meet and now about 200
cars show up every weekend. My full story was published in Healey Marque and
Austin Healey magazines in 2002. My DB7 is almost a Healey blue.
Ron Davies
Laguna Hills, CA
67 BJ8
97 DB7