Re: Re: Value Insanity

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Value Insanity
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:29:44 -0500
Richard,
Maybe there is the rub.  It had not occurred to me that the gold beige color
was chosen specifically to increase the car's value, because I don't find the
color particularly attractive, myself.

Having seen VERY few GB cars, I'm wondering now if this was in fact produced
in relatively small numbers, and is therefore valued more highly?

Previously, I had seen no downside to changing car color, as long as it was
historically correct for the car. --Assuming other than for salability, one
color was worth roughly what another is.  --But somehow, changing colors in
order to increase resale value substantially, strikes me as not quite right.

Dave