Re: Re: Value insanity

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Value insanity
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:41:37 +0800
You ALL have it wrong.  If I had that kind of dosh my toys would include:

1) PBY-5A Catalina Seaplane (complete with inflatable pontoon boat for
worldwide SCUBA excursions).   Goes anywhere albeit very slowly.  As my dad
once told me, the PBY "takes off at 80, cruises at 80, and lands at 80."

2) B-26 Invader for my "executive" transport.  Of course I would be the one
to fly it, the kids would fly in the bombadier's nose (as I did when my dad
flew his company's B-17 in the 60's).

3) P-51D mustang.  Yes it's a rich man's cliche, but the Spitfire doesn't
have space for a second seat.  I need a place for the wife to be a back seat
pilot.

4) Maybe a Mig-17, it's the only fighter jet you can buy, basically.  I saw
some Mig-21s parked at Kosice Airport in Slovakia on my last trip there,
maybe I can buy one of those!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8