RE: Value insanity

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Value insanity
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:57:13 -0800
1.  First kiss in a Healey:  After the test drive the day I bought it.  My
wife was in the passenger's seat next to me, and she was as enthusiastic
about buying it as I was.  I just had to give her a kiss.

2.  First ticket (1984):  Returning from picking my son up at the
hospital -- wife in the passenger's seat, my son in the rear.  We stopped
behind two other cars at a stop light.  When the light turned green, we all
moved off together.  Police car going the other way, immediately did a
U-turn and pulled me over.  When I protested and pointed out the two cars
that had been (and were still) in front of me, he gave me the stock reply
that they all learn in cop school:  "You were gaining on them!"  (I've heard
that exact response in another ticket situation with another car, in another
state).

Last ticket (2005):  at Conclave in Winston-Salem, following the "off-site"
listers meeting among the ten or so of us who didn't get the word about the
last-minute change in venue to a pub within walking distance of the hotel.
About 10 pm, traveling back to the hotel about 3 miles away, I had just got
on the interstate.  Top down, and it began to rain.  Guess I was in a hurry
to make the parking garage without having to put the top up, and didn't
notice the 45 mph speed limit (4-lane, divided, interstate, remember).
What a funny coincidence that a trooper just happened to be sitting there in
the dark.....

3.  If I were 21 and single, then I would still be in college in Raleigh, NC
and I guess my Healey would still be sitting on the Harmon-Rowland lot in
the same city, waiting for its first owner.  I still couldn't afford to buy
it, but I could at least go look at it.  That's a thought I've had
frequently over the years.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry