Re: Value Insanity

To: Don <don@anglesey.us>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Value Insanity
From: Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:17:07 -0800
on 1/24/06 11:58 AM, Don at don@anglesey.us wrote:

> With all of these high asking prices what are the lists thoughts about
> the insured value.

That's an interesting question! DO these stratospheric auction prices
actually do ANYTHING at all for the "car on the street"?  My first guess
would be "probably not much", but I'd certainly like to hear from those in
the know.

I'd think they WOULD do something for the other ultra-primo garage queens,
whose owners would have some legitimate rationale for comparison. But for
the rest of us, where a year consists of a few oil changes, and (hopefully)
minor upkeep, I'd think not.

Dick Hosmer
62 BT7 Tricarb (driver)