Re: MGB EFI system from Moss

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB EFI system from Moss
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:47:09 EST
In a message dated 03/02/2006 10:11:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

Bill:

Now that you mention it.  I do have the following  parts lying around
waiting for some time:
Cross Flow Head
Weber DGV  manifold for above
Jackson Racking Ford Focus Supercharger manifold
MGB  supercharger pulley set
A band saw
TIG Welder

____________________________________

It would be an interesting project.   Couple of thoughts - the easy but
expensive way to do it would be to use TWM  throttle bodies (the Weber
look-alikes).

The cheaper way would be to weld up a new  manifold from steel - along the
lines of the (cough - I have trouble even  typing such a miscegenation) DGV
manifold. It would terminate not in a  downdraft flange, but in a single
sidedraft
flange to which would be bolted a  throttle body. I suggest any of the GM
units for 4 cylinder use, maybe around  52 mm would work.

Buy the injector bungs and weld them into the  runners pointed at the ports,
and install a fuel rail with injectors (this  stuff is all available).

You've got the whole thing complete with  throttle position sensor, IAC etc.
and "just" need to adapt an ECM, either  aftermarket or borrowed from another
car - any 4 cylinder GM car would be a  good basis - go for late 1980s or
early 90s, before OBD II.

Except for the fact that I am using the  original GM injection stuff, not
unlike what I am doing to the Jamaican  project, integrating the engine harness
into the MG wiring harness - I just  didn't need to fabricate the intake
manifolding.

I'm sure it wouldn't be a marketable concept  as the price would inevitably
be higher than anyone but a few fanatics would  be willing to pay, but you'd
have a high output MG engine that was tunable  with chip mods and had excellent
power.

Bill