Re: MGB EFI system from Moss

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB EFI system from Moss
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:39:19 EST
In a message dated 03/02/2006 11:15:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

Sure stuffing a V6  under the bonnet would be easier, but thatbs not the
point.

____________________________________

Yeah right!  Easy?

See the ongoing saga at _http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/Jamaican.html_
(http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/Jamaican.html)

But then if it were easy it wouldn't be as much  fun! (And it is a bit easier
stuffing a V6 into an MGB than into the far  superior MGA.....)

Now tell me where the turbo or blower unit  could fit (not!)

I do like the idea of doing the blower with  injection, but injection alone
is also a worthy goal.  I've seen race  engines with outrageous cam timing sit
and idle like a lawnmower because it was  injected and the management system
was up to the job. You also get better  mileage!

What about just offering a do it yourself kit -  a manifold that takes the
rest of the gear from a Toyota - fuel rail, harness,  ECM - would take a lot
of
thought, and some wiring experience, but hey - what a  challenge!

Bill