RE: [oletrucks] Stereo questions

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Stereo questions
From: Don <dhartman@sunvalley.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:55:11 -0600
Rule No 1.  Do NOT cut the dash to fit your new stereo.  PERIOD.

Rule No 2.  All that LOUD stuff that some of you guys MUST HAVE...  can be
installed in a temporary fashion.  (Trust me).  Do NOT cut holes in your
truck. As an example, I have 6x9/60's in wrapped boxes behind the seat in
either corner.  I'll get the mfgr/part no if anyone wants it.  Amps, etc
are easily mounted under/behind the seat.

Rule No 3.  You WILL GET OLD.  I'm not saying that you will not appreciate
loud music in your later years...  but merely suggesting you keep the
opportunity to restore your rig rather than call the sheet metal shop or
local welder...  heheh.

Rule No 4.  Always have a copy of the following artists' CD's or cassettes
on hand, to fit any occasion you may incur...  (I'm not trying to start a
war here, just offering my last stab at humor...)
        Rolling Stones-Needs no clarification
        Frank Sinatra-Pleasing to the 'older crowd'
        10,000 Maniacs-Pleasing to the 'indifferent crowd'
        Georgia Satellites-Pleasing to somebody
        George Benson-Pleasing to the Jazzy crowd
        Marilyn Manson-...just kidding...
        you get the idea...

Whole point of the post...  please CONSIDER heavily before you cut your
investment...  Good luck

Don
'55 2nd DeLuxe