Re: [oletrucks] Stereo questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stereo questions
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:13:01 -0400
I installed my radio/cd head into the dash as previous owner had hacked
it up. I have 5inch blaupunkt's in the kick panels as well as MTX 10 inch
speakers behind the seats. With an 8 inch Bazooka subwoofer between
them. I have two amps plus a crossover to drive the whole system.
On the dash my cd head was a din style so I place a peice of polished
stainless onto the dash which matches up with the ashtray and heater
controls so it looks symetrical. Here are a couple of photos.    Wayne

http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/sound.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/dash.jpg

At 02:41 PM 4/26/99 -0600, you wrote:
>The random two-foot snowfalls are coming with less and less
>frequency...summer must be approaching here in Colorado!  So as I'm
>planning out my summer projects, I'm thinking about installing a decent
>sound system in my 54 Chevy 3100.
>
>I'm very interested in hearing from anyone on the list who has installed
>any kind of a sound system in their truck, whether it's 100% authentic or
>100% new-fangled.  Oh, and pictures, if you have them.
>
>My plan, for the moment, is to install a decent (nothing too expensive,
>I'm just a college student) CD player in the glove box, the dual-speaker
>set that Chevy Duty carries in the in-dash speaker location, and another
>set of speakers somewhere else in the cab.  I'm looking forward to hearing
>from anyone who's installed stereos in their trucks so I can get some
>ideas on how to do this right.
>
>Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
>http://pagina.de/Apollo18
>"When I grow up...I want to work my way up to middle management...  I
>want to be underappreciated...  I want to have a brown nose...  Yes, boss,
>anything for a raise, boss..." -some ad
>"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
>nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
>life itself." -Robert Zubrin

---------
                 http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne
For a quick view of oletrucks mailing list members trucks go to:
         http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/member.html