Re: [oletrucks] Stereo questions

To: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>, "Don" <dhartman@sunvalley.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stereo questions
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:36:52 -0500
I agree that under the dash (for the main 6x9's or whatever) is a better
(soundwise) location than behind or under the seats.  Probably more space to
work with also (at least that is the direction I'm headed in).  I got one of
those Autosound models that fits the AD knob spacing & I will be modeling
the "in dash" speakers after the "Chevy Trucks" & similar vendor offerings,
but with much higher quality speakers (I will be building my own mounting
board).  I haven't hooked up the stereo yet, so can't comment on quality of
sound, although I do agree with others on plastic look (only other idea is
to hide better quality radio somewhere else, like glove compartment & that
is just to far a reach, for me, to be practical).  Also, could consider
mounting "in site" under dash.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com