Re: [oletrucks] painted, but another ?

To: mytruck@hehe.com (David)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] painted, but another ?
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 16:09:04 -0400 (EDT)
--WebTV-Mail-15815-1433

Tex -

I can help you with your paint questions...I was in the paint
manufacturing and application services business for over forty years.
First I need to know if you are using enamel, lacquer, urethane or ?.
You definitely have "orange peel" and overspray.  It could be because
the paint was too viscous (not thinned enough) or the compressor
pressure was too low or the air temp and humidity.  It could also be the
tip size that was on your spraygun.
Before you do anything about it contact me and I will help you correct
the texture on the first coat and the succeeding one.  If you used plain
ole enamel it will be awhile before you can wet sand or use rubbing
compound on the first coat.

Tom Poterack
'49 Chevy 3600
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/tom49.jpg