Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?

To: Steve Bobst <mailman@netins.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:55:37 -0600
Most 700's can be hooked up with 12 volts right to the pin from a switched power
supply. Those kits are not needed for all but a few 700's. You can make it lock
up in 2nd, 3rd and 4th or 3rd and 4th or just 4th. Its your choice. Most do not
even require a brake switch. You can also put a quarter inch or a 3/8ths inch
steel ball on top of the TC switch plunger housing. As soon as it hits 2nd gear
it locks up the converter, however loosing the slipping capabilities will reduce
the roadability of the trans. The 700 is a very good trans just avoid shift kits
except for the booted oil pump plunger. And make doubly sure the TV cable is
correctly set or you can fry a 700 in just a few miles.