Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER?
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:50:58 -0600
All I was saying about those who run non lockup 700's is they are not getting
what they paid for.. You can get varying stall speeds and still have lockup for
mileage. I converted my 82 diesel to a 400 small block and got 16 mpg with
lockup. Why are you not using a lockup converter? If its the stock trans then
none of those have them until 1982 and only diesel half tonners and some
corvettes got them. Everything else prior to this had 3 sp auto's. I am no
builder but I would love to debate them on this issue. I'd like to work on one
of the new OD rans. They are basically a turbo 400 with OD, an idea that showed
promise in its birth about the mid 80's on test vehicles.