Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Cannisters

To: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Oil Filter Cannisters
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:18:06 -0600
Its a 1959 261. It has very large (compared to the 235) oil tubing on the
drivers side. This is the concern. The normal oil filter cannister seems
that it would inhibit the flow due to the smaller size connections. If I
don't have the full pressure ports machined in the block, how do I add an
external one or is there such a thing and if so, where do I look for one? It
would sure be nice to be able to add a throw-away oil filter to the engine
so I am not always cleaning a cannister.

Thanks!

Deve