RE: Bonnet prop length?

To: Neil McAllister <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Bonnet prop length?
From: "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 14:11:04 -0600
I don't know the lenght but I once saw the prop rod replaced with what
looked like the trunk stay.  Also could you use a gas cylinder like what is
on a late model car?  That would be cool...unlatch you hood and it rises on
it own.  (until...like a late model car, the cyliders loose their charge and
you end up with a 2x4 holding the hood up!)

Brian H. Smith
1959 TR3
1972 Spitfire IV
1977 TR7