Re: Bonnet prop length?

To: Neil McAllister <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Bonnet prop length?
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:47:30 -0800
The rod is curved, but using a straight line measurement, I'd
put it at 29.5" (13.25 + 16.25)".

wrt "Gas Shocks" for Spitfire bonnets.

This was covered in detail in the TSSC Courier magazine some
months ago.  The conversion used some gas shocks from a
contemporary (UK) hatchback car.  Some fabrications was
required and I don't recall the details, but could look
them up if there's sufficient interest.  They claimed it
worked well.

--
Bob Sykes
"The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would