Re: I'm all CRANKED up..

To: "Andrew Lindeman" <drfaustus@london.crosswinds.net>,
Subject: Re: I'm all CRANKED up..
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:56:25 -0000
>> Any tips/tricks for removing the crank pulley?  Looks like just a
>> whopper of a socket and the air wrench, but is there anything else I
>> need to know?

24" stilsons and oil/water?

Turn the engin to TDC, remove rocker gear!  Pour the liquid of your choice
into the pistons through the spark plug holes, put your spark plugs back in,
then take your 24" stilsons and push hard on them to undo the crank!

I have done it twice the first time with theendin out and things (5' fence
post) wedged in the crank! (not nice 24" stilsons and 5' scaffolding tubing,
me hanging from it!)

The second time, the engin was in the car, the head still on! I had the
socket for my torque-wrench that time, I put a L what ever bar on the
socket, and used some old bycycle forks on that.  Put water, (I was going to
get rid of that block anyway) into the bours etc.  I went with hardly any
force, the bycicle forkes meen you can put both hand on it and lean on it
square, better for you back etc!  Anyway it was so easy I fell into the
raidator frame so be warned!