re: rotary spitfire

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: rotary spitfire
From: "Ron Roach" <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:36:45 -0800
Hey Nelson!  Good message.  I love both of these cars, and have daydreamed
occasionally of a rotary swap, but I'm just not that ambitious, and I still
have a thing about swapping non original engines in cars(why, I don't know).
After seeing the headaches and coinage that GRM is going through, it dampens
the desire even more.  It sure would be nice to get rotary performance out
of the ol' 1500 lump, and keep it passing our emissions laws here, but it
ain't gonna happen.  I've been thinking of grabbing a 1st gen. RX7 to drive
over the winter as the spit is in storage, and enjoy a 7,000 rpm redline for
awhile.  Alas the master cylinder needs rebuilding, damaged paint repaired,

ron
'78 spit