Re: Rotary Spitfire

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rotary Spitfire
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 05:11:24 -0800 (PST)
---"Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com> wrote:

> Thumbs up, Andy!<G>
>
> I agree completely.
>
> Nigel is so quick on the freeway, it's scary-why would anyone want
or need
> more power than that in a Spit? Unless they were to race it. I've
only been
> up to 85-but, Dave and his son had Nigel up to 100+! They told me
that at
> those speeds (with that power)-the car moves around. A Lot. But,
were sure

Hmm - I had my '72 MKIV up to 95 in High School, and it was dead
solid.  Of course, it had new gas shocks, Goodyear 175/70 Eagle GT's,
and many engine mods.  But, it sat flat and still at 95 - just vapor
locked for the next 15 minutes or so at slow speeds!

Of course, I guess it depends on where you are, what type of winds are
around, etc.  Atlanta is not known for heavy winds...

ymmv...

Chip