More on Amphicar

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: More on Amphicar
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:02:01 -0800
I watched the issue of My Classic Car again (much more
closely this time), and all I can say is I should have
paid more attention the first time.

What I learned (that I missed the first time) is that
the cars were built between 1961 and 1968 by a West
German firm using a 72 ci (1147cc) Triumph engine.
According to the article, there were only around 800
produced and most of them came to North America.

The shot of the engine revealed what appears to be a
single down-draft carburetor, but didn't show how the
drive train was setup to be able to drive the rear
wheels and the twin propellers, nor what kind of
transmission/differential was used.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to listen more attentively.

Joe
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer