Re: More on Amphicar

To: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Subject: Re: More on Amphicar
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:35:33 -0500
Reed Mideke wrote:

>         I had no idea it was powered by Triumph.
> Somebody told me (incorrectly) that it was a Volkswagon
> motor.

There was an obscure VW from back in the war called a "Schwimmwagon" or
something like that, and it was amphibious.  Maybe that's what he was
thinking of.

I haven't exactly been following this thread with rapt attention, so if
someone's already said it, sorry, but I'm pretty sure the "Amphicar" was
made by a company called "Curtis"..   (A little trivia for y'all there)

John (once had a Datsun B210 with a leaky windshield that was a
different sort of "amphicar") Suchak