Re: The spitfire in triumph world questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The spitfire in triumph world questions
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:38:53 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/99 4:48:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DDashwood@softwright.co.uk writes:

>  As for the big square thing,
>  I think that would be the washer/wiper switch/hand pump.  (Incidentally,
>  if anyone knows the electrical details of that switch, I'd be grateful -
>  mine doesn't work, and at £35 a go for a replacement, I think I may have
>  to replace it with something else short term until I get a pay rise!)

Dean,

Check

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/wiper-motor/

for info on the wiper switch.  This web page is for the TR6, but it is very
nearly the same for your spit. The biggest difference is the washer switch is
combined into the wiper switchon the Spit. The washer switch is just a simple
on-off set of contacts. At the least this page will give you an idea as to
how the switch functions.

There are instructions on that page for rigging up an emergency switch, using
a very common switch that can be found at most auto parts stores for around
$5.

Also, there is another replacement switch available for the wiper function
only for $19.99 at

http://www.centechwire.com/catalog/accessories/control.html

Any simple push button switch will work for the washer function, and they can
be found for less than $5 at most home hardware stores.

Hope this helps.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/