Re: ZS carb question!

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ZS carb question!
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:50:03
Atwell and others,

after closer examination I have found that my carb is actually off a '76
and has a manual choke.  I dissassembles it and cleaned it thoroughly.  I
even took off the parts that screw onto the side (sorry I am carb
illiterate)  I am concerned though, on one of the pieces on the side of the
carb it had a cloth like gasket that seemed to have some sort of button on
it?  That item ripped while being removed and a new one did not come with
the kit.  What is this and  how big of kimchee am I in now?  also I have
the special tool to remove the needle, however when I tried to turn it it
twisted off the pin on my tool(yes I took out the nut down on the side) So
I can not remove the needle, is this bad?  I am fairly intimidated by this
carb at this point in time (never done one before).  Help! Thanks, Patrick
Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL