Re: a few questions

To: Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a few questions
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:17:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/99 10:05:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com writes:

<<  If it dries somewhere that's not desired
 (like your hands) then you're screwed.  Went to work for a week with black
 splotches all over my hands.

 You're right though, it is high gloss and I think the only good way to paint
 over it is when it's tacky - since it's a B#@$% to sand. >>

I have to agree about letting it get on your hands.  The instructions
recommend gloves and I have to second that.  The black stain can be removed,
but, in my case, it called for bleach and a scotchbrite pad.  A high price to
pay for clean hands!!

I found that POR-15 dried to a tacky finish in 60-90 minutes in my chilly
garage.  The instructions say that you won't have to sand if you dust it with
primer when it is "just tacky".  We'll see how it works out over the long
haul.  I've stripped my GT6 down to the frame and repainted, starting with
POR-15.  I'm now reassembling with new bushings and whatnot.

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com
72 GT6