Reasonable price for Spitfire Top install?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reasonable price for Spitfire Top install?
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:52:57 -0400
Hello all,

I am in need of a new top for my 77ish Spitfire. I have been quoted $300
labor only from a place in NH - this seems kind of steep to me! While I am
not sure it is a project I want to do myself, it just does not seem THAT
complicated an operation for someone who does it for a living. Does $300
seem reasonable? I will say that I am confident that this shop will do a
good job as they have come highly recommended - but I am getting a bit poor
with this years renovations! Does anyone in Northern New England (Maine or
NH) have a recommendation for a place to have a top put on?

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine
Freddy the leaky Spit... ;-(