Re: Reasonable price for Spitfire Top install?

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reasonable price for Spitfire Top install?
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:05:12 -0400
Kevin, I recently installed a new (used original actually) soft top.

If you have all the old frame and soft top then its no big problem. As long as
all the old bits are there.

Need the rivet gun and something (small nut in my case  - not me) to fill the
gap in the track on the header so that the rivet does not pull back up else the
rubber seal won't fit in the track. I replaced a couple of the missing
fasteners on the "new" one with ones off the old one.

It's actually not that difficult. Biggest time consumer was getting the old
glue off the parts and cleaning it up. For $300 you can buy a lot of parts!

I was probably lucky in that my "new" one was already shaped for the front
edge. I am sure that the replacemnts give instruction son how to get this right
so that the tension on the roof is correct.

Alan