Re: Reasonable price for Spitfire Top install?

To: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>,
Subject: Re: Reasonable price for Spitfire Top install?
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 14:10:46 -0400
I just finished installing a new (Robbins) top.  I spent a bit of time
over the winter wire-brushing and re-painting the frame.  It was well
worth the effort, since it was all peeling and rusty before, and it looks
like new now.  If you pay somebody to install the top, they certainly
aren't going to refinish the frame for free!

The actual installation of the top was a bit tricky, since you
get only one chance to do some steps (like installing the fasteners).
Also, you have to really stretch it tight.  Don't try installing
one on a cold day!

BTW, my top DIDN't come with instructions; I used the  Porter&Williams
"Guide to..." book for my instructions.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

Obligatory weather report:  It snowed for a few minutes today in NJ; yesterday
it hit 65 or so.