Re: Gearbox filler plug?

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Gearbox filler plug?
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:07:17 -0400 (EDT)
According to Andrew Mace:

> Jeff McNeal wrote:
>
> > > Problem -- Spitfires and ramps don't mix.  You'll scrape the front or rear
> > > valance.
> >
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Michael Burdick wrote:
>
> > Ramps with extensions for low ground clearance cars exist - I have a
> > set and my Mk3 with lowered suspension goes up on them (and back
> > down!) with no problem....
>
> ...and sometimes a length of 2 x 6 preceding the ramp will be enough
> "extra" to avoid clearance problems.

Hmmmm.  I just have plain ordinary Kmart style ramps and have no problem
putting my Spit on them.  Of course, I have only tried from the back.  I
usually put the back on the ramps and the front on jackstands.

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |